Nine

Stephen POV

The sun was beating down across on the beach. Students chuffed, enjoying themselves, forgetting the jet-legged after the long flight. 

"C'mon, Stephen. Play with us!" shouted Clint who was playing volleyball against his sister. Natasha's team was Scotty and Bucky, and Clint's team was Steve and sam.

"Stephen, C'mon!" Natasha cried out.

"Whose side should I be?" I asked before I could stop myself from speaking those words come out of my mouth, it was too late to regret I should have chosen my own.

"Of course, my side!" Said both of them in unison, both brother and sister; they looked at each other with scorn look.

Before they could start their verbal boisterous fight, I interrupted, "In case I joined any of you Teams will be ended up with uneven members. so, I guess, it would be better if I do—" Not play.

"No. We would find one more person, you stay in my team," Natasha said, ignoring me. And ignoring the fact I am not into her team yet. 

"Then, who should be choose?" Scotty said.

All of them looked around, Natasha shouted at Thor, "hey! Thor." Thor who was making sand house with Bruce turned to glance back at Natasha. "What is it, Nat!?"  he shouted back. 

"Do you wanna play with us!!" She showed him the volleyball.

Thor, said something to Bruce, probably asking about playing.

"Okay!" And both of them approached us.

"Okay. Then, Thor, you will be my side, and Bruce you will Natasha's side," said Clint.

"No. you can't decide like that,"  Natasha argued.

"How should I decide, then?" snorted Clint, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Guys, are you even noticing that we need one more member to make the teams even?" Sam reminded all of them. I'm pretty sure everyone had noticed it, but no one bothered to point it out.

"Yep," said Natasha.

"So, who should we call?" Natasha let out while putting her index finger on her lower lips and rubbing it in hard thinking, searching for a new member in the throng. 

"Tony." she grinne.

Tony laid down in the beach chair, a little far from us.

"I go and bring him," said Bruce; I won't be wondering if he doesn't come.

After two minute Bruce comes back with him. For a second his eyes met mine like all the time and he ignored me as I don't exist here at all.

"Let's toss the coin, whoever wins, will choose first," said Steve. Clint won the toss.

Natasha's team: Bruce, Tony, Scotty, and Bucky.

Clint's team: Steve, Sam, Thor and me.

"With this team, I'm going to win," declared Clint enthusiastically, grinned at other teams.

"Oh, Let's see," Natasha snorted-laugh. Like all the time Clint disregarded her.

"First team talk," said Clint. "do we have to do that," said Sam.

We made the circle. "Okay, guys, they are our enemy.  Do not show Mercy to them. especially you two Thor and Steve," said Clint very seriously. "What do you meant by both of us," said Thor. He is just sometimes an airhead person.  "Ok. give your best guys."

Each of us has taken our position, Natasha takes a deep breath and blew it out. And toss the ball into the air and gave it a good, fast hit, and spinning into the air ball, going straight to Clint.

"I got this one," he said and jumped high and hit the ball with the Force.

"Watch out Tony," yelled Natasha, but Tony attentively looking the ball that all I thought was that it is going to hit his face. His team members trying to reach him, regretfully, I reckoned they are not going to on the time. But for my amusement, he jumped into the air and strikes the ball that none of us were able to strike back.

"Great, Tony," Said Natasha, chuffed; she high-fived each member of her teams.

Indeed, everyone was enjoying the game. We all played with great enthusiasm. At last Natasha, the team won.

"Good work, everyone!!"  Said Clint to us. We didn't win, however, we all enjoyed it. Later we all decided to eat ice cream.

"Tony, where are you going? " Bruce asked as he turned.

"Tired, so I'm going to get some rest."

"Okay."

"You going, too?" said Scotty as I step back to go hotel. 

"Exhausted."

I didn't for anyone's response, walked to the hotel. 

Before closing the elevator door, I rushed inside of it. 

Tony pressed the TF key for the top floor. I watched him:  his gaze stayed on the door.
There were many things I wanted to tell him and asked him. Precisely it was not the right time nor the place when he did not even want to look at me at all—he loathes alphas–obviously loathes me, for being alpha, or almost attacking him in his heat.

"You played great," I said, smiling. I tried to converse with him.

The omega was ignoring my existence totally. Do Omegas do this to their soulmate? The tension in the air was apparent between us —or only to me. Yet I waited for him to say—something spiteful even rather than acting as if I'm not here. 

"Tony—"

Finally his head tilted my side "Why are you doing this?" he held my gaze, with a smile on the edge of his lips: the kind of smile as if worse about to come.

"Doing what?" I asked, confused. 

"I know you are my soulmate." 

Should I be surprised that he knows it? I am not though.

If Mr.  Parker had told me then Tony also had the right to know,  after all. But it's hurt that despite he had been ignoring me. Do omegas reject their soulmates like this?

"If you keep being around me. It wouldn't do any good to either of us. I know that nothing comes well being around Alphas." His voice laced with contempt, disgust. 

"It will be better if you do not try to get intimate with me," he said, "let me get this clear, I hate Alphas. I don't care about this soulmate bullshit. So stop trying. Nothing is going to happen between us—ever."

__

"Stephen, hey! Get up.” Thor's deep and loud voice woke me up. 

"What time is it?"

"6 p. m. looks like you are worn out so much that you missed the lunch."

It wasn't the case, it's just, I lose the appetite. Thinking about what Tony said to me. I didn't get my head into peace after sleep as well—every word of his piercing my heart.