Ten

Tony POV

It's been three days to the beach trip. I am already irritated and miserable.   It shouldn't be that way. Why am I unhappy? This is not what I yearned for. Why everything is messed up. Yeah, I know why. If it wasn't necessary to come on this trip I wouldn't have come.

Since that day, Mr. Parker had told me Stephan Strange was my soulmate. My brain was blank—unable to process the new information.

Stephen Strange is my soulmate–What the hell I should do with this information. I avoided it and avoided him like a plague. I didn't even want to face him after what happened in the library.  I thought it would be better that we don't see each other. Thinking foolishly that I would be fine, but—Fuck! I am messed up—miserable. Everyday seeing him in school, not acknowledging his existence. Even his whole existence gave me butterflies in my stomach and my heart thumping in my ears—literally every cell in itching for him when he touched me in the library— by him.  .  . his smell. 

When with disgust I said those words to him in the elevator. I felt my heart heavy when all the hurt was showing on his face as I clearly rejected him. Do soulmates ever reject their mate like this? Anyway, I did.  I have still the image of his face as he wanted to say something, but he was holding himself back. Definitely, he wanted to say something after what happened in the library.

"Tony, why not wanna come to the club? everybody is going to be there," my futile linger thought chain broke as Brush asked me, came out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist.

I was on the couch, holding some magazine that I didn't bother to read. 

"Nah. I don't feel like coming," I said, glancing through the magazine.

"What's the mean of coming here and not having fun. You should have stayed at home if you want to be in the room most of the time."

As if I was given the choice. I scoffed. 

Taking out his outfits from the luggage,  he asked me, "What's bothering you, mate?"

"Why do you ask?" It is not the first time he asked me this query. He has asked me that I lost the count. Nonetheless, I have been pretending as nothing has happened.

"Well, you are usually quiet, but there is this air around you—dark clouds— very perceptible at the moment.”

I laughed, trying to act cool–or a fool. 

“If you wanna tell me. Then, I'm right here. You know that.”

"Of course. Nothing is bothering me." Again a lie.

Bruce might have guessed that I have been lying to him. However, he doesn't emphasize me for which I'm always glad.

"If you say so," he said, sighed. 

He dressed into comfortable wears.

"Uh–hm...Bruce," I asked.

"Huh?"

"Are you always happy being with Thor?"

"Tony, you are in love with someone?" he said casually, as toweling his hair. 

"I don't know, I can't figure out what is it all?" He stared at me.

"So, it is happy always being with Thor?" I asked him again.

Laughed, he said, "Tony, of course, I'm happy being with him but not always." He tossed the towel on the laundry basket. 

"There are sometimes ups and downs in our life. But we don't forget that we love each other also. We fight, but at last, we always find our way of being together."

"It is always a soulmate bond which makes you think that you can't live without each other." I tried to be reasonable with him. He walked toward me and grabbed a chair to sit on across from me. 

"Hm... I don't think that I'll say it's the case, Tony."

"So, you don't reckon that it's the soulmate bond which makes you bind with them," I frowned at him.

"Not entirely, how do I put it into the right words...?" He thought for a while then continue, with a smile, "it is in your heart."

"Heart?" I was surprised and confused and he chuckled but explained me.

"It true that one can not resist one's soulmate touch. But, if your heart wants always denying it. It means it's not a soulmate bond. It's you. Only your willingness. Nothing else. But if your heart keeps recalling that person,  it's love, not a soulmate bond." He is not making sense.

"It's cliche, Banner." I tossed the magazine in front of the table.

"Cliche but true." He Shrugged and stoop up and went toward the mirror and checking himself.

"It's the matter of love, Tony That's all the case. So, ask your heart not your mind, how you felt about that person."

There was a knock on the door. "Must be Thor." Bruce went to open the door.

I was walking on the shore. The cold wind was caressing my bare face and the sea was motioning intensely and the rhythm of its waves was jingling in my ear.  Heart? Now, I think of it. I realized and began to wonder how long he had been on my mind. It was him since I have met him. It was him I changed my view of looking that not every alpha is the same.

My mind recalling every second I had spent with him. He is always a quiet and amiable person. I tried to be mean to him. However, it didn't stop him from being close to me and always quietly sitting with me in the library. Yeah!! It was me who also chose to always sit with him. It was me who chose to go to his house. Nobody told me what  I should do. It was me all along. It was me who stayed for the coffee in the library and listened to Wade and Mr. Parker's love story. I closed my eyes and stopped walking, the cold evening breeze caressing my face gently. And the shore heat into my feet which was turning hot to cold.   I saw his smiling face in front of me, yes!! I want to be his mate. Would he want to be my mate? after what I said to him.

I opened my eyes and spotted him from his back. He was sitting on the sand and his back was facing me. He was looking at sea waves quietly. The bright orange sun was about to set. And I approached him and without making any noise I sit beside him. He turned his head to look at with a start face. I smiled at him genuinely and seeing this a smile appeared on his face which was indeed reaching in his eyes and without saying a word I turned to look at the sunset.