ᴛᴡᴏ ᴛʜɪɴɢs

Nathan and Sophie had been lying in the hotel bed since they got back from the store, not touching on the reason why he flew to another state as soon as he could.

"So, tom," Nathan rolled over to face his best friend, "did you two talk?"

"I said hi, he said hi. We did our scene. Then he apologised and said he would do anything to make it up to me. I told him that I just needed time but I don't and I haven't stopped thinking about him since," Sophie groaned, rolling onto her stomach, "and before you start to tell me about how broken I was, I remembered. I even wrote down what happened and how I felt during those couple of weeks."

"I get it if you still love him. He was your first long term relationship after Kyle, he was the first person you really broke your walls down for. You aren't going to just stop loving him like that."

"Why are you always right?"

Nathan shrugged, "I was born with it."

"Right now I'm sure of two things, I still love Tom and that I want to forgive him. And I know I shouldn't, so that's why I'm not going to. Right now anyway. But, I am going to talk to him."

"When?"

"He leaves on Saturday and I leave tomorrow. So some point today. I'd much rather do it in person than through text."

"Well whenever you do it, just know I'll be here when you get back with a cup of coffee for you."

"Thanks nate," Sophie smiled and hugged the boy, "I don't know what I would do without you."

[ authors note ]
The next part is going to be a long one