13: Stolen And Drowned

I watch Luc as he cooks. Liam asks me quietly, "So how did you fall in love with the devil?"

"It's easy," I reply, "he makes it so easy. He is just being him. He doesn't lie or pretend to be someone else."

"You don't care if they call him the devil?" Liam asks, "I mean he got the nickname for a reason."

"I don't care if I fall for the devil as long as he loves me the way he loves hell," I reply, "And he loves me more than he loves hell."

"He really does," Liam agrees, emotions sparking across his brown eyes, "I've never seen him this crazy over another girl and I've known Lucius for his whole life."

"But yet you never stop calling me by Lucius," Luc interrupts, "Even though you know I prefer Luc or Lucifer."

"Luc is so informal," Liam complains, "and Lucifer just sounds abnormal."

"Pick one or the other," Luc tells him.

""Okay, Lucy," Liam taunts.

Luc rolls his eyes and hands him a plate. It has steak and potatoes. It looks very good. Luc says with a friendly tone, "Just shut up and eat your food."

"Gladly, Lucy," he replies with a laugh. 

Luc hands me a plate and then says, "I have to go on an actual drug run. You're gonna stay here, Ariel."

"That's fine," I tell him, "but I'm going to watch tv."

"Yeah," Luc smiles, "I know."

"Can Rose stay over with her?" Liam asks.

"You and Rose are a thing again?" Luc inquires as he leans on the counter.

"Yeah," Liam replies, "I mean things are a little rough, but I love her."

"Good for you," Luc says, "Sure, she can stay. You okay with that, Ariel?"

"Of course," I reply, I have absolutely no idea who Rose is, but if Liam likes her, I'm sure I will. 

"Great," Liam says. He grabs his phone and calls Rose. After a very short conversation, he smiles and hangs up. He says, "She will be here in ten minutes."

"Good because we really need to get going," Luc says as he eats some potatoes off my plate. He turns and walks away, going upstairs.

I turn to Liam, "Why don't I know about this Rose?"

"Because we just got back together," Liam says, "We had an argument about my choice in careers."

"So she knows about all this?" I ask.

"She only knows the bare minimum," he explains, "She doesn't even know who Lucius is in the business. So be careful talking with her."

"I plan to just watch movies," I tell him, "What could go wrong?"

Liam laughs and then the doorbell rings. Liam goes out to the main room. The butler nods and let's Rose in. When she comes through she is wearing dark blue short shorts and a white blouse with lace sleeves that hang on her arm. She has dirty blond hair in a side braid. Her eyes are a sea green. She smiles nervously at me. I extend my hand and she takes it. I introduce myself, "It's nice to meet you Rose. I've heard wonderful things. I'm Ariel."

She glances at Liam and then says, "I hope I live up to those expectations."

"I'm sure you will," I smile. 

"Hey, Ariel!" Luc calls as he walks down the stairs.

"Yes, Luc," I say, turning to face him.

"I need to talk to you about something," he says. He nods down the hallway and I follow him down it.