15: Knives Thick With Anger

"Liam!" Luc shouts as he watches the computer screen.

Liam walks in and asks, "What is it, Lucy?"

"For one, stop calling me that," Luc tells him, "For two, is this surveillance current?"

Liam glances at the screen and says, "Oh shit. Yes it is."

"Damn," Luc cusses and says, "Okay. I'll be right back, baby girl."

I nod. Liam and Luc disappear. Rose walks in and asks, "Ariel, what did it feel like when you fell in love with Luc."

"I don't really know," I answer, "It was a gradual feeling for me. I can't really explain it. But all my past romances feel like nothing compared to this. Why?"

"It's just Liam said he loved me earlier," She admits, "And I didn't say it back."

"I really am not good with this kinda stuff," I tell her, "Liam's a great guy. If you are going to break his heart, let him down slowly."

"I won't," she says, "I'm just not sure if I'm ready for those kinds of confessions yet. I want this. I want him, but not this fast."

"Well," I reply, "You fucked him. So you must think he is different, right?"

"I do," she replies, "Just what if he hurts me?"

"He won't," I promise her, "He loves you. He does. I mean he never shuts up about you."

"Wow," I hear Liam say as he walks back into the room, "Thanks, Ariel. I don't honestly talk about you all the time."

"Where's Luc?" I ask.

"He-" Liam trails off, "I can't tell you."

"Liam," I warn, angry, "I'm gonna give you one more chance to tell me where the hell Luc is?"

"He is in the alleyway. He got in a knife fight," Liam admits. I go to the door and Liam grabs me, holding me tightly. I struggle against his hold and he says, "Ariel, no."

I plant my heeled foot into his foot. He cusses and lets go of me. I run through the main door and out it. I look around and in the alleyway I see Luc dodging a guy with a knife. I scream as the guy lunges at Luc. Luc quickly moves and hits the guy with a punch to the jaw. The guy slices his knife towards him. Luc blocks it and grabs his arm. He flips the man to the ground and then stomps his elbow. The elbow makes a painful cracking sound and the guy screams. Luc takes the knife from him and straddles his chest. I hear Luc say, threateningly, "Chi ti ha mandato?"

The man doesn't reply and Luc forces the knife into his throat. There is a thin red line forming on the man's neck from where the knife cuts. Luc says, "Rispondetemi."

The guy shakes his head and Luc pushes his knee into the guy's broken elbow. The guy screams and gasps in pain, "Caos. Jax mi ha mandato. Adesso lasciami andare."

Luc asks, shouting, "Perché ti ha mandato?"

The guy hesitates and Luc digs the knife in more and kneels harder into the elbow. The guys wheezes, "Qualcosa riguardo una ragazza. Una ragazza di nome Ariel."

Luc growls, "Destra. Tempo per te di morire."

"No! Dio per favore abbi pietà della mia anima," the guy screams.

Luc smirks. It's one that I can see is full of anger. It's the one that gave him his nickname. Luc says, "Scusate. Non c'è dio qui solo il diavolo."

Luc slices the knife across the guy's throat. The guy dies and blood gurgles from his mouth. Luc stands and I run to him. He opens his arms and I hug him tightly. He winces in pain. I pull away and say, "Sorry."