undercover

Sighing I stand from his bed and head to the door. I pause in his door way and hit the light off before I whisper "good night little bear"

Closing the door behind me I head into the dining room where Jeremiah sits in a chair his head in his hands. He looks sadden, confused, and hurt all in one.

" are you okay jare? "

" I am not sure if I can do this anymore Maria." His voice barley auditable

" what do you mean jare? Is this about saying that bear was your son?"

" no.... yes ... I dont know... M it's about all of this. I put my heart in the line for you, over and over and over again to only have you push me away; a step further everytime. M I love you I am completely in love with you and you knew that from the time Benji was 1. I told the day I loved you that I would do this one-hundred percent, that I wanted Benji to be mine. I wanted all over this everything that came with it. I wanted the tears, the laughs, I wanted the love that came woth being a father.... Benjamin's father. Why..... why M why couldn't you give that to me. I seen the way you looked at me when I said Benji was mine and I seen the way your face held anger when you I said you were my wife. I just wanted to love you M, why ..... why could you not just love me.?

Shocked by his spill of love speech, I couldn't truly love him when he know nothing of me... I can I love a man who calls be by a name that is not mine. He loves Maria he doesn't love Selena.

" you don't know me jare, not the true me."

" I know you Selena"

I snap my head in his direction

"How do you know that?"

No answer

"HOW?"

" I am a friend of your uncles M, I came here to help look after you. To protect you, this family. I didn't know I was going to fall in love with you... I wa only supposed to be here until I knew you settled in, until I could report that you were safe. I fell in love and I couldn't leave you ... I love you ."

" DO YOU KNOW WHO BEAR FATHER IS... DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE COULD DO TO ME ? TO YOU ? LORD FORBIDS WHAT HE COULD DO TO MY SON!" I try to ease my mind so I don't wake up my son but I am stressed and I know I need to leave.

" DO YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF HE FINDS US JEREMIAH..... DO YOU KNOW.... DO YOU KNOW !!!! THE DANGER YOU PUT US IN BY STAYING HERE. KEEPING IN CONTACT WITH MY UNCLE?!? WHAT IF HE TRACED HIS CALLS ? HIS MAIL ? THAT LEADS BACK TO YOU TO US? "

" M what are you talking about? Who ...who are you talking about.? Who could be such a danger that is had strucken fear in you body?"

Is a deploy? Doe she not really know who is bears father ? Mario didn't know I was pregnant but he knew who I was running from.

" who is bear's father Selena ?"

"Niklaus Doverae "