-Chapter 51

Katniss

"Out" I pulled myself away from Philip.

"Mi amor, you can't just trust him like that" Philip was starting to panic, I could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. "You have to listen to me Katniss, please"

The amount of desperation and frustration in his voice broke my heart.

"Did you know?" I asked him a simple question, one that may or may not determine our future.

Philip looked at me, "I can explain"

"Did you or did you not?" I was on the verge of more tears.

"Yes" He said looking down, I walked away from him and sat on my desk near the window and cried.

How could he do that?

"My love, please let me explain" Philip went immediately after me, he kneeled in front of me and grabbed my hands. "I promise I can explain"

I took my hands back, but he grabbed them again.

"I did what I thought was best, Kat, my life, please let me explain" Philips eyes were filling with tears.

I didn't say anything, but the tears kept rolling out of my eyes.

After several moments of not speaking, Philip kissed my hands.

"I understand you don't want to see me at the moment. Come and see me when you're ready to talk" He stood up and kissed my forehead three times. "I'll be waiting for you no matter how long it takes"

He took the exit and left, leaving my head with thoughts and questions.

Peeta

I finally did it.

I finally made Katniss realize Philip isn't who she thinks he is.

Sure I may have broken her heart but I'll fix it. All that matters is that they won't get back together.

How could they? I just revealed to Katniss their relationship was based on a lie.

"His majesty King Philip has demanded your presence in his office" A guard walked into my room and said.

He demanded my presence, which means if I refuse the guard is obligated to take me.

I nodded and went in to Philip office.

When I walked in I didn't see Philip.

Then his chair turned around and there he was.

His expression was awfully calm but he his eyes were red, he's been crying.

"Well you did what you could" was what he said to me.

"That's all your going to say?" I asked him.

"No" he said. "No matter what you do, no matter what you say, Katniss will never go back to you"

"What makes you say that?" He seemed confident so I showed as much confidence back.

"Katniss said it herself, she doesn't pick up the same rock twice" He told me and I raised my eyebrows.

"How do you she said that? She only said that to Gale" I questioned him.

"You underestimate the level of trust my wife has for me" He smiled at the mention of his wife. "She told me everything about the conversation with Gale. She knew from the beginning Gale was going to tell you"

"You can't get one before Katniss" I smiled, she was so smart.

"No, you can't" Philip said.

"What am I here for?" I wanted to get this over with, I have a Katniss I need to comfort.