• chapter five •

"We used to sit out there all the time. None of you ever did that?" The Hargreeve siblings exchanged looks.

y/n observed Diego every few seconds, knowing fully he was staring at her. She wanted to ask what his problem was but she didn't want to ruin anything and make everyone run home so she kept her mouth quiet and sat back.

Klaus came walking into the 'little circle' of people with a cigarette in one hand and a glass of alcohol in the other. He only had his jacket on with Allison's skirt. She did everything she could not to laugh at the boy she loved so dearly. "Will there be refreshments?" 

Alcohol you mean? 

"Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner," He looked at Vanya then at y/n before offering the (h/c) haired girl a welcoming smile.

Luther shook his head. "What? No. And put that out. Dad didn't allow smoking  in here," he scolded.

"Dad's dead," y/n addressed, making everyone stare at her, mostly Luther. "What? I'm just saying." 

Allison changed the conversation rather quickly as she finally noticed her dear ol' brother, Klaus wearing one of her skirts. "Is that my skirt?" she fumed.

"What?" Klaus twisted around and eyed Allison. "Oh, yeah, this. I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathey on the bits." 

Allison was still staring at Klaus very hard as he motioned to his area. He took the cigarette from his mouth and blew some smoke out. 

"Listen up. Still some important things that we need to discuss, all right?" 

"Like what?" Diego asked.

Klaus sat down in between Vanya and y/n. He put his arm around y/n as he watched Luther and Diego. "Like the way he died."

"Oh my god," y/n muttered under her breath but Luther caught it and shot her a sad look before Diego spoke.

"I don't understand. I thought they said it was a heart attack."

"Yeah, according to the coroner."

y/n felt the need to be alone at the time so she stood up and sighed rather loudly catching everybody's unwanted attention. "He did have a heart attack, V. He just doesn't want to accept that daddy dearest just died of normal heart failure, do you? At some point, you gotta. Move on with your life and stop being so obsessed with that man." 

Everyone was taken aback by y/n's sudden 'speech of rage' but she didn't care. She didn't want to hear his theories. 

y/n took off to the stairs and just sat there. She pulled her knees to her chest and buried her face into them. 

"You want to know something funny?" Five asked, taking a bite of peanut butter and marshmallow sandwiches. That was Five and her's favorite food and til this very day it still was.

"Sure."

"I think I'm in love with you," he said nonchalantly and sat down at his desk. 

y/n eyes widened as her cheeks turned scarlet. She opened her mouth to speak but Five beat her to it. "Don't even ask if I'm sure because I'm more sure of it than anything. I think your the only person I do truly love, y/n." 

He eyed the girl hard and his stare sent chills down her back and she jumped almost falling off the bed. Five chuckled softly and sat his sandwich down before heading over to the clumsy girl. He grabbed her hand and pulled her up off the bed making her stand up in front of him. The room fell silent as the two stared into each others eyes for what seemed like hours. Without even noticing their fingers intertwined.  For the first time in forever a very noticeable shade of red flashed across Five's cheeks. "I love you too, Five."