17. dimples

"hey! wait!"

a confused kim namjoon stops right in his tracks, brief case in hand while his freshly polished shoes squeak on the laminate floor of the office building.

"what's up?" a prim and proper smile stretches across his cheeks, dimples gleaming when he recognizes his boss, jung hoseok, sitting at a desk covered in paper work. he always wondered how out of all people hoseok was the leader of the underground mafia, yet he didn't even know how to open his filing cabinet.

sighing in relief, hoseok hummed. "i just wanted to talk to you before you go."

"why did you call me in to do this? you know i have more important clients than this," namjoon said impatiently, setting the brief case beside him.

"i'm worried about my jeongguk lately. he doesn't want to answer my calls and he's been having some sort of anger issues it seems, and then you know what happened," hoseok frowned, his enthusiasm fading seeing that namjoon wasn't about to sympathize with him.

"what did you expect? him to be the same as he was when he was a baby? this isn't the type of job for everyone, especially jeongguk. i told you it wasn't a good idea to hire him."

once again, hoseok's heart hurts with regret.

"you act like there was a way to avoid it. if it's my fault he's in this mess, then i should atleast make sure he gets away fine. i just want you to take care of this, okay? will you do it for one hundred thousand?" hoseok says with pained desperation in his voice. he was pretty much ready to give up his estate and plethora of expensive sports cars for namjoon to say yes.

"don't be ridiculous," the bleach blonde man replied quickly, chuckling. "less than that. let's just get this over with."

"so you'll silence that kid for me and make sure gguk's safe?" hoseok beamed excitement, bouncing up and down at the confirmation.

"huh? yeah. have i ever done you wrong?" namjoon smirks, reaching his prada-attired arm across the desk.

hoseok shakes, softly smiling. that was business.