10. midnight conversations

jeongguk's heavy eyes fluttered open, his mind foggy and dream-like trying to focus on the darkness in front of him. where am i akshsfnkdjfkd.

the moonlight beamed across his face and he focused his blurry vision on the fields racing by him outside the window, which looked black because it was so dark out. fUckfjkc its night time????

he remembered he was on the train and realized the small noises was just them chugging along the tracks. he slowly rested his head back, ready to fall asleep when he remembered what he was forgetting the whole time.

tHE BOY THE MF BOy THE BED N BREAKFAST ASS BOy.

his heart dropped as his eyes darted around the train for the long legged honey boy.

noNONoNoNoNono.

thinking he escaped, he felt something on his arm. no, he felt his arm tingling, asleep. his half asleep mind came to its senses and slowly focusing his gaze on the seat beside him, he realized the boy was right there, curled up on the seat, with his head shoved into the crook of jeongguk's arm; cheeks still rosy and messy haired with both of his dainty hands tightly holding on to his right one.

jeongguk frustratedly stared at him, uncomfortable that he was touching him aksjskjdkddk, but was relieved he didn't loose him. he wondered if the boy woke up while he was still asleep and told the train attendant that he was being abducted by jeon jeongguk, wanted criminal and hitman, and this was all a big trick and they were heading to the police station. but he knew that was ridiculous and at this point the boy was in just as much danger than he was; hoseok would definitely be sending someone out to silence him pronto.

why's he doing that aksjskdjskdj.

"hey, wake up," jeongguk mumbled sleepily, grumpily pulling his arm away from the boy. as his arm slipped away he grumbled and refused to let go of his jeongguk's hand, fingers gently holding onto him for a sentimental moment before he slipped away.

jeongguk sighed shaking his hand out trying to get it to wake up, looking past the boy at the batch of trees fly by out the window and the starry sky. he always took this train on "business trips" because it ran all night and was relatively quiet.

because the boy was refusing to wake up, jeongguk covered his mouth again and pinched his nose, cutting off his breath. his eyes fluttered open, confusedly looking around and his hands flew to pull jeongguk's fingers off of his nose so he didn't choke to deATH.

jeongguk let go and grinned under his mask at the boy who was now sitting up in his chair, rubbing his wide eyes and trying to catch his breath.

"you're mean," he said uncomfortably while staring at jeongguk who was still laughing. "you're mean and stupid."

"thanks???" jeongguk laughed. he knew it was wrong to laugh but things were feeling kind of human at the moment instead of some sort of victim and assailant game. he let his legs relax and yawned.

"i don't like this. i don't like this at all. i know i said you were interesting but i wanna take that back now," the boy tucked his legs up again and stared out the window, half asleep.

"you can," jeongguk stared off into the unlit distance, going back to his regular demeanour.

the boy stared off into the distance, snuggling into the windbreaker around his shoulders, trying to warm himself up in the cold ac blasting train. he didn't really care if jeongguk was cold without it. that pretty much summed up his feelings; he didn't have any other choice but to give in.

the boy rested his chin on his knees in his dress pants, which were pretty uncomfortable, his delicate chapped lips parted in thought. "are you abducting me?"

"if you co-operated i wouldn't have to be," jeongguk said. "but technically yes."

the boy stayed silent, quietly coming to the conclusion that he wouldn't be escaping anytime soon. staring out into the darkness he didn't want to look out the window anymore because it was only fun for the first ten minutes.

they both sat beside each other in the dark in silence, the only light being the moon and stars.

"can you say something atleast???"

"do you like any normal things? like, do you do things like... not killing people?" the boy said emotionlessly.

"uh, i guess," jeongguk thought for a second. "i like drawing."

the boy didn't reply.

"what do you do?"

"study. i'm studying and i wanna go to university," trying to distract himself from not bursting into tears again, he counted the stars in the sky. "but i guess that won't happen. and i work for my mon and dad, they own our bed n breakfast, and i sit at that desk everyday."

the bed n breakfast memories came back to jeongguk. "hey uh. what's your name?"

"sorry, don't tell my name to strangers."

they both felt embarrassed by that stupid statement considering they were stuck with each other now.

"fine," he sighed, cupping his face in his hands, tears threatening to come out again. this time they weren't begging tears they were just hopeless ones. "taehyung."

"taehyung," jeongguk tried it out. "can i uh. call you that???"

"it's my name so yes???" the boy glared moodily at jeongguk. "what time is it."

"probably midnight."

"no, i wanna know exactly," the boy argued.

jeongguk adjusted his mask again so it wasn't as stuffy to sleep in. "did i stutter???? we have no where to be anyways. now go back to sleep."