Hi.

There was a ringing sound. I had no idea where it was coming from but I needed it to stop before someone got hurt. I shifted, squinting my eyes against the glare of the sun off the wall.

"I'm so sorry!" high pitched and breathless voice. I was being shaken. I could smell something fruity and floral yet elegant.

"Hey! Hey, I need you to do me a favor and not be in a coma. . ." The voice pleaded.

Oh, I'm sorry. I've always wanted to be knocked out of my wits.

I brought my head down slowly and opened my eyes. I saw brown knees connected to smooth, firm thighs clad in camouflage ripped jeans on the cement in front of me.

"Are you alright?" She asked. My eyes travelled up slowly.

"What?" I utter, my face flushing.

My eyes darted from the ground then back to her; drinking her in. Wide hips, ground, a slim waist sporting a rhinestone navel piercing, ground, a black cropped top hugging her form just right, ground, until I met the most intense slightly concerned grey-green eyes I've ever seen. They reminded of how the sea and the sky would look when a storm was rolling in.

I was suddenly aware that I was on the ground, in a skirt. I scrambled to make sure all my parts were covered. I heard her chuckle from above.

"I wasn't looking. Promise. You landed pretty hard on your ass. Come on," she lifted a leg and her hand reached for me.

I glanced at her hand cautiously. She rolled her eyes, grabbed my hand anyway and slowly helped me up. I felt her hand brushing off my ass before I bucked away, giving her a searing look. I realized I hadn't said a word to this girl.

"I'm sorry, too. But take me out on a date before touching the ass please," I quip, adjusting my skirt.

"Ha! I was only helping. I just wish I caught you before you hit your head." She touched the side of my head lightly. I flinched at the contact. She must have seen it because her hand abruptly fell and she took a small step back.

"I just wish I hadn't been the one on the ground." I pouted, shifting my bag onto my back and finishing the job of brushing off my derriere.

I heard her chuckling. We stood only inches apart and she was a goddamn head taller than I was. Envy flared within my chest and then I looked up into her eyes. I could see flecks of black within her grey-green irises. She was beautiful. She smiled slowly, her lips a pink blush against chocolate caramel skin. Her smile reached her eyes.

"If that's what'll make you happy. A date. We could go to Ice Point after your class - assuming that's where you were going when we almost took each other out."

I stared at her, admiring the way her kinky short hair curled right above her ear. I threw my head back laughing and began walking away.

"I do have to go to class," I threw over my shoulder. "You almost killed me already, and now you're asking me out?" I shook my head. She caught up and walked beside me step for step.

"I was joking - about the date. I'm not really into girls to be honest. Can I atleast know your name?"

I heard more than saw the smile. I scoffed. She cleared her throat and brought me back to the conversation at hand.

"It's Skylar Montgomery," I gave her my hand, noticing that she had an array of knuckle rings on. It was a firm but gentle handshake. I looked down feeling slightly self-conscious, and saw that the bow from my left shoe was missing. Fuck. My shoulders drooped a bit but I looked back up.