Wow

I woke the next morning with the sun shining in my face. I forgot to close the curtains, ugh. I threw the covers over my head in hopes of blocking out the sun, checked my phone for the time and sighed. I had to be downstairs in 30 minutes if I was going to get a ride from my mom.

I had gone to bed last night with only two things on my mind; Simone Whitemore and the library. I touched the side of my head and winced at the slight pain there. It would be a while before it went down.

I slapped my forehead lightly as I sat up in bed, smoothing my bed hair down.

I slid out of bed, sliding my bare feet into my fuzzy purple house slippers and padded to my closet to pick out an outfit. I opted for some jean shorts, a green top with macorroni straps and my white hightops. I stood there before the closet door, staring down at my top and then I switched it with a blue polo shirt and nodded my head in satisfaction.

I grabbed my towel and padded out of the room to the bathroom, mumbling out a pitiful "Goodmorning," as I walked passed Ven's room and then mom's.

I barely got any replies, so I closed the bathroom door and sat on the toilet, going through my messages. Katy didn't text me back since yesterday. I almost called her, my finger hovering over the little blue phone option but decided against it. I guess what she wanted to tell me oh so badly, hadn't been that important after all.

My phone chimed and I smiled at the name.

Message from Kaden:
Morning biotch, hope you slept well :)
Sent: 7:15 a.m.

To Kaden:
Morniiiing 😊. I'm on the toilet.
Guess where I'm going today?
Sent: 7:15 a.m.

Message from Kaden:
💩? 😂
Where you goingggg? I'm staying at home in the morning but I have a class at 2 later.
Sent: 7:16 a.m.

To Kaden:
😐 maybe 😂
And the library behind Brodies.
Did you know that Simone's Dad's the owner?
Sent: 7:17 a.m.

Message from Kaden:
Noooo I didn't know that. We don't know each other well.
Sent: 7:17 a.m.

Do you like her?
Sent: 7:18 a.m.

To Kaden:
Oh I see.
What? Yeah she seems pretty cool
Sent: 7:18 a.m.

I

set the phone down long enough for me to wipe and avoid the thought of my cheeks flaming. Do I like her? I had come to the realization that I was attracted to girls for some time now. There was Clarisse in 9th grade with her leather wearing jacket and love for soccer. Then Amanda in 10th grade, with whom I shared a brief kiss in the haunted house before running away scared out of my mind. But the sight of Simone... makes me feel different.

Message from Kaden:
Sooo

You like her.
Sent: 7:18 a.m.

To Kaden:
Why are you asking me this?
Sent: 7: 19 a.m.

To Kaden:
Well that's my morning for yah.
I gotta get ready or I'll be walking and not even sure where it is soooo ttyl 😘
Sent: 7:19 a.m.

Message from Kaden:
Wow! Ok, You can ignore me. But it's still obvious. Wipe good! 😂
Sent: 7:20 a.m.