Don't Take My Crown - Prinxiety

{DISCLAIMER: I HAD THIS IDEA WHILE WATCHING thepastelpeach'S READY AS I'LL EVER BE ANIMATIC SO THERE'S SOME LOOSE CONNECTIONS}

{TW: weapons, hypnotism (implied), a bit of minor swearing}

~~~ Logan ~~~

Logan jumped when Patton burst into his quarters.

"Patton, darling, what's wrong?"

"We have to go, now before they find us-" Patton darted across the room and grabbed one of Logan's cloaks. "Have you got a weapon with you?"

"What? No, I rarely carry a weapon- Patton, what's going on?"

Patton turned to Logan, tears clear in his eyes. "Something's wrong."

Logan frowned, walking over to him and taking his hands. "Talk me through it, love."

"It's the king, something's wrong- he's wrong!" Patton shook his head, wiping at his tears uselessly. "He's acting strange, he's not how I remember- and- and-"

Logan pulled Patton into a hug. "Take a deep breath for me. Just follow my breathing."

Patton sniffled as he calmed down a little.

"Okay, try again. What was the last part you were trying to add?"

"Remus is back."

Logan felt a lance of terror slam through his chest.

"You're sure?"

Patton nodded, tugging Logan's cloak on. "I saw them talking. That's how I knew something was wrong."

"They were talking. And Roman wasn't upset?" Logan rarely referred to the king by his name, but he was a bit distracted at the moment.

"No! He seemed- happy, almost. And I saw that man with the yellow scarf again."

Logan nodded and went over to his wardrobe, grabbing a cloak for himself. "You're right, we need to leave... where will we go?"

"We could go to Virgil!"

Logan sighed. "We don't know where Virgil is."

"I know that, but maybe we could find him!" Patton insisted. "He's smart, and I believe in miracles."

Logan grunted, grabbing his sachel and stuffing as many of his papers and scrolls into it as he could. "I'm glad one of us does."

They both froze as they heard footsteps in the hallway. Logan grabbed the tapestry hanging next to his bed and yanked it down, revealing a small stone door.

"Come quickly, they may be looking for us."

He pulled the door open and let Patton go through first, then pulled it closed behind him. The soldiers would find it easily, but perhaps it would give them a few minutes.

Grabbing a torch off the wall, Logan led the way deeper into the castle, through winding hallways and dark passages. He slipped through a door to the kitchen, grabbing a knife from the rack above the stove.

"Not the best weapon, but it should suffice."

Patton nodded, chewing his lip. "Lets pray you don't have to use it."

Into the darkness they crept, Logan leaving the torch behind in a safe place.

~~~ Remus ~~~

"They're gone, Your Highness."

Remus glared at the terrified soldier watching him. 

"Find them. Quickly."