Chapter 27

Jessica's PoV

Soon as Brent was out the room, the first thing I did was throwing myself on this massive bed which stood there in the middle of the room.

That feels wonderful...

I closed my eyes, wanting to drift away, just for a view minutes...

***************************************************************

Brent's PoV

I needed to check on Leonard. Something was bothering him, and I probably knew what it might be...

"Hey, are you there?" I knocked on his door a view of rooms away from the girls.

"Leave me alone!" He shouted back.

Well, that means my suspicions where right. I entered the door and saw Leonard standing at the window looking out.

"Are you all right?" I asked, closing the door behind me.

"I told you to leave me alone..."

"Leonard, I know that something is bothering you. I'm your brother, you can tell me..." I tried convincing him.

He huffed, annoyed.

"Why does it bother you? You don't need to do this Brent. You don't need to play the perfect brother... You and your perfect life..." He shook his head.

Is he kidding me or what?

Why was he acting strange?

"Leonard, will you please tell me what's going on?"

He let out a deep sigh and turned around his eyes focused on mine.

"Why does everybody thinks that I'm messing around? Can no one take me seriously? Am I such a dickass?"

All right, now I know what's going on...

"No one thinks that you are messing around how you can think like that? Just because you had some issues in the past doesn't mean that your messing around or that no one is taking you seriously..."

"It's easy for you to say that. You don't need to be afraid to be on the headline of some magazines or newspapers every day you wake up in the morning. The media is just waiting for me to make some mistakes... Everything you do is perfect, but if it comes to me," He shook his head, "no one would even dare to think about working with me nor considering to sign a contract witch I put up. Brent, you don't know how I feel. You have got everything you wanted, always..." He slightly smiled, which immediately faded away as he turned around again.

I narrowed my eyes, trying to understand what he went through his whole life.

I went beside him and put my hand on his shoulder.

Leonard turned around looking at me surprised.

"Come, I have something to show you," I said.

"Brent you don't need to do this..." He sounded tired. Not because of our trip, no, he was tired of the way people saw him.

"Come on now Leonard. It will be quick..." I turned around, heading out of the room.

"I hope so..." He whispered and followed me out.

*****************************************************

Jessica's PoV

I woke up as somebody knocked on my door.

"Jessica? Are you in there." Anna's voice sounded shaky.

"Yes, just come in..."

I looked at my watch. It must be like one hour that I have slept.