Ghost of Legend's Past

"Mom," a faint echo stirred Sara awake. "Mom!"

Sara sat up in confusion. "Emily?" Sara turned to face Ava who was asleep.

"Come on I have something to show you."

In fear of losing her daughter once again, Sara removed her duvet and ran after the younger Lance.

She turned around in a fully lit hallway with a few wheel chairs, crash carts, gurneys,  attendings in dark green scrubs wrapped with white coats, interns and residents in light green scrubs and nurses. She pulled out a dagger when a voice behind her spoke.

"Here we are," Emily had her arm crossed against her chest before she smiled and pushed the dagger away from her."Welcome to Starling General Hospital!" Emily's smiled burned brighter than Kara's.

"Starling General? That's where you were born."

Emily used her head to motion towards the nursery. Sara immediately recognized the couple at the window; the taller in a tan coat with a black v-neck and black leggings, the shorter in a grey coat with a black turtle neck and dark blue jeans. While the shorter leaned into the taller's shoulder, the taller pointed at their daughter who slept peacefully wrapped in a pink blanket. Sara placed her hand on the glass as she smiled at the baby.

"I can already see her fighting off the bullies," the shorter blonde smiled.

"Please, don't turn my daughter into an assassin."

"I thought she was our daughter," Sara turned to fit in Ava's arms.

"Lance, you are smooth. I wonder how the other Legends would respond to this," Ava asked.

"Ray would try to pick her up, get slapped by Nora who would then pick her up, Zari and Mona would coo at her, Charlie would have a big smile on her face, Mick would grumble put his beer down and ask to carry her, John would go on about making her his protégée, Nate would play with her feet and Gary would be overwhelmed. And you will try to get our daughter back into your arms." 

"What would you do?"

"Snap a picture, and prepare to train her."

"I really don't want you to train our daughter."

"I really think you should listen to her Sara," Sara said out of concern.

"They can't hear you." The two blonds entered the nursery to get their daughter home. "Do you regret it?" Emily asked.

"No. Training you, maybe a little."

Two men dressed in heavy armory walked down the halls. Sara frowned at the two out of placed men. They entered a hospital room, specifically Emily's birthmother's room.

"If you don't want to cause a scene, I suggest you come with us. Without using your powers."

"Powers? What powers?"

"I will go with you if you promise my daughter will be safe otherwise I will end you both."

The two shared a glance before they nodded in agreement. Emily swiped the wall as if it was a screen. The white walls became a metal gray with a red stripe. Sara didn't have to look around to know that she was now in the Waverider.

"What do you think Sara called a meeting for?" Zari asked Charlie who walked beside her.

"Beats me, Z."

"Boss, you called!" Mick said as he entered the Bridge.

"I called you all here today to meet the new member of the crew."