The Light In The Dark

Instead of Emily's usual entrance through the hidden clock tower door, she climbed up the stairs and held onto her bleeding shoulder. The light metal clanks echoed through out the tower like the constant ring of a bell tower, not the one she was in. Rapid footsteps appeared, ready to slash at the intruder.

Kira swung her sword towards Emily and stopped centimeters from her neck. That earned Kira a glare from the more experienced swordsman. A loud gasped was heard before the sword was put away.

"You got shot!" Kira clasped her hands over mouth.

"Thanks for stating the obvious!" Emily remarked.

"I thought you can heal."

"Power dampener," she groaned as Kira moved to help you up the stairs.

"So the bullet is still in there?"

"Yeah," Emily nodded vigorously.

"W-What now?"

"You're taking it out." Emily said the moment they reached the top floor.

Kira put on a pair of rubber gloves as she moved to cut Emily's shirt to reveal the gunshot wound. With a medical clamp in hand, Kira moved to remove the power dampener bullet. Emily grunted and groaned, the dampener fell into the metal tray along with pieces of the broken bullet

"What the hell!" Staccato heels howled throughout the highest floor as Lena walked towards the duo from the stairs.

"She's still here?" Emily slightly growled under her breath.

"I couldn't exactly get her to leave! She's Lena freaking Luthor!" Kira harshly whispered.

Lena cleared her throat as she neared the area Emily sat. Kira gave Emily a good luck, you're going to need it smile as she placed the clamp down on the tray, pulled the gloves off and slid away to the first floor of the clock tower apartment. Lena grabbed a new pair of gloves, angrily. Emily knew better than to make eye contact with the youngest Luthor.

The green eyed CEO held a needle holder in her right hand and a forceps in her left hand. The Lance watched Lena as she continued the suture.

"What happened?" Lena asked without sparring a glance towards Emily.

"That girl you remember as someone more than a friend is a cold hearted bitch."

Lena paused and looked at the brunette with her eyebrows raised.

"Well, you're not someone to be saying those words, considering how you left us all in the dark about your well being."

Despite her tough physique she would always crumble around Sara, Ava and Lena. But never has she felt the bitter end of Lena's words. If Emily was a turtle she would've hid in her shell by now, or an ostrich and stuck her head into the ground.

"Mia Smoak on this Earth is the Riddler," Emily said almost as a whisper.

"I hate to say I told you so."

"You love it and you know it."

"So she shot you?"

"Not surprisingly, yes."

Emily didn't know what else to say. Her throat stung and her mouth was dry. She only stared off into the corner as Lena finished with the stitches. Lena took off her gloves before she trashed anything that needed to be trashed.

"Lena!" Emily called after Lena. "Thank you."

"I'm going to throw these away," Lena kept her CEO exterior. "When I come back, you're telling me what happened as I figure out this tech."