Kitchen and Halls; Castle of Lions

Keith sat on a stool, intensely listening to Shiro's advice.

"To tell if a baby is hungry, put your finger next to their cheek. If they turn their head and chew on your finger, then they're hungry," Shiro demonstrated. Lance chewed lightly on his finger and cried when he realized it wasn't edible.

"When the baby's crying, you might want to bounce and sing whatever you're doing in a calm voice." He pulled a bowl from a shelf and squirted some warm goo into it, singing and bouncing in rhythm. "Gettin' some food for baby Lance, yes I am, yes I am. Gettin' some food for baby Lance so he can be happy!"

Keith nodded. If he had a notepad with him, he would have scribbled down notes.

Lance saw the food and cooed. Shiro handed him to Keith, who looked at Lance and muttered, "I can't believe that my boyfriend is a baby."

Shiro sat down across from Lance and Keith and smiled. He picked up a spoon, scooped some food, and started "flying" it toward Lance's mouth. "Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, here's the airplane, sir!"

Lance laughed and ate happily. He started to become disinterested in the food after he'd half-consumed its contents. His head bobbed and his blinking got slower as if his itty-bitty baby eyelids couldn't handle being open this long. His small but heavy head hit Keith's sternum.

Keith stood up and carried Lance to the best of his ability, but his hands were sweaty and sleeping infants seem much heavier than ones that are awake.

He sat down somewhere in the hall, thinking, my hair's a mess. I have to fix it... in the morning... but some sleep would be nice.

An hour later, when he woke up, Lance was poking his face and making small, inquisitive sounds.

Keith got up, Lance in his arms, and wandered the halls. "You see this mural here? Apparently, you thought it was 'to celebrate the glow-up that King Alfor experienced with the Lions'. And this one; you thought it was a giant cat head on a lady. You called her a furry. Everyone laughed." He smiled. "Not gonna lie, I miss the old you."

Baby Lance seemed focused on this. He squinted hard at Keith as if trying to figure out why he seemed so sad.

"C'mon, I have a feeling that they'll need us." He started walking toward 

Sure enough, not seconds later, the alarm went off, and Allura yelled for everyone to "meet at the bridge in 30 ticks!"