It has begun

Cpt. Myers: Here we are!!

Yeah, here we are. A small island off the coast of Alaska. It's newly risen. It started rising in 2035. It finished in 2120. It's 2170. It finally grew a stable environment. It looks to be mostly forests. There is a sandy beach surrounding the edge. It's been measured to be about 167.78 kilos across. We don't know what habitants call it home.

Cpt.: I think it's time to touch down!

The chopper the flew us lands on the beach. We all step off. There are at least 10 of us here. There's Leo, Rodney, Mikey, Danny, Joe, Louis, Me, the captain, Lucy, Donovan, and Ottis. I'm the survival expert and the youngest here. The rest of gang like to rag on me bout it. They think that just because I'm younger than them I can't handle myself.

Leo: Hey half-pint! Carry my baggage, will ya!

Leo is the worst about it.

Cpt.: You can carry your own shit!! Pvt. Leo!

Leo: Y-yes sir!

Cpt.: Do not let his age fool you! He could outlast all of ya easily! That's no exaggeration! Show some respect!!

Yn: *under breath* Thanks cap.

Cap:*whispering* no problem young man.

You all set up camp. It took till noon. They were tired, me, I was rearing to go. I hadn't had fun in a forest for a while. I wanted to go out there now. Who knows what's out there behind the tree line.

Yn: Wait. What's that. It's moving behind the trees.

Donovan: What're you on about?

Yn: We might not be alone.

He looked at me seriously.

Donovan:*puts down equipment and walks up to me and crouched* What did you see.

We both stare out into the forest.

Yn: It was too fast to identify, there's definitely something there, just can't see what it is.

Donovan: Do you think it's dangerous?

Yn: Rule of nature, everything is dangerous when you don't know what it is.

Donovan: I'll keep that in mind. Should we tell everyone?

Yn: Tell the Cap, let him decide to tell everyone else.

Donovan: Copy.

He jogs off to the Captain's tent.

PoV change

Crap! He saw me! What is he? He looks like me but... different. His nose is so small. His ears are tiny. His hair only covers his head! What are these things!? I should report back. I have to be more careful about it now though.

PoV change

Time skip

I have been watching the trees. I haven't caught any movement again. They might've moved on, whatever they were. Its started to get dark. We eat and lay down for lights out. I stay up longer than the rest. I got night watch. Stayed up till I think midnight. When I was sure we are safe, I lie down and sleep.

Timeskip

I wake up and smell the ocean breeze. It smells amazing. I love it. I see that it's close to 8 I the morning. It's pretty chilly. Everyone else is still sleeping in their tents. I slept out in the open unafraid. I let them sleep more. I walk near the tree line. Scanning as I go I patrol a bit of the beach. Right as get back to camp, everyone starts to wake up. Donovan walks up to me.

Donovan: You spot anything else?

Yn: Not yet. Been thinking bout putting together a scout party.

Donovan: I'll volunteer.

Yn: That's two already. Need two more.

Donovan: What bout Lucy and Louis?

Yn: You think they're prepared?

Donovan: Most likely.

Yn: Fetch em. Well head out in an hour.

Donovan: Copy.

Timeskip

Yn: Everyone ready?

DLL: yes/yep/yeah

Yn: Let's head out then

We all set off into the unknown.