19 ; c×a - love is timeless

UWU a long one

mynicknameiskitkat 's au idea

Word count: 1600

♤♤♤

It was probably when they visited eachother in Rome that they realized how they felt about eachother. Crowley looked like a snacc to Aziraphale (like always, he just refused to acknowledge it until now).

Crowley, on the other hand, wanted to propose to the angel when he had said he gave away his flaming sword. He didn't think Aziraphale would ever love him back.

But, they found out. Somehow. I could explain it. Maybe I will.

Okay, yes, I will...

Damn.

♤♤♤

The day started out like normal, Crowley was perched on top of a few large crates, glaring at anyone who so much as gave him a glance. He wanted to see Aziraphale, and he was starting to get agitated.

"Excuse me-"

"What?" Crowley snapped, looking to the right. "Oh, Angel... why are you here?"

"Well, I was passing through town," Aziraphale paused to climb up to where Crowley was. "I was passing through and decided to make a visit."

"Okay, but this place is 60 miles from where you wanted to go," He said, grinning.

"I would have walked past it anyways," Aziraphale said nervously, swinging his legs off the crate.

"This isn't in your way at all, actually," The demon said. "Did you come all this way just to see me?"

"No! Yes... N-No, don't try those tricks with me, you demon," Aziraphale said, glancing at him through the side of his eye.

"Tricks? I'm not tricking anybody," Crowley held up his hands innocently.

"You... fine, yes, I wanted to see you," Aziraphale sighed. "Is that such a bad thing to want?"

"It is when you're a child of God," he said, smile vanishing. "What did you need, anyways?"

"Oh, right," said the angel. "I just wanted to talk, I suppose."

"Talk away, I'm listening," Crowley said, leaning back on his hands.

"...Alright, then," Aziraphale swallowed. "I don't see why I can't hang out with you or be friends with you as an angel. The only difference between us is that you have black wings and snake eyes, and occasionally a forked tongue... I just don't get it, because being around you makes me want to good, you know? And thwarting your 'evil' plans feels like I'm not doing anything because your evil plans aren't evil at all. Gabriel tells me on countless occasions I shouldn't fraternize with the enemy, and that demons can't feel love so there's no reason in even trying to make him love you back. I know he's my superior and I have to listen to hum, but, well, here we are... he doesn't approve of me or my feelings or anything of the matter. He's always talking about hoe I should just stay quiet and do what I'm supposed to do. I just... don't think Gabriel and the other archangels have what's best in mind for me. Maybe I'm being to sensitive... or overdramatic. I don't know. Sorry for blabbering on for so long."

Crowley was silent, his face a bit red. "Aziraphale..."

"Yes?" Aziraphale nodded, worrying about how he'd used his actual name.

"Did you just say you loved me?" He asked, pulling at his shirt collar.

"Oh, dear, I do believe I've let it slip..." Aziraphale covered his face out if embarrassment. "I'm sorry, Crowley, but I just never get to talk about things, I guess I let out more than I should have. I apologize if it taints our friendship or anything."