Chapter Eleven

It was Monday today. I don't understand why people hate Monday's. Why just Monday's? I hate every day, just saying. I rose from my bed and slowly shifted my weight off the mattress. I groggily stood up and wiped my eyes with my hands. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen whilst stretching out a massive yawn. At least that is where I thought I was going. Instead, I ended up in the living room with a furious father in front of my face.

"Why aren't you making my breakfast?!" he yelled. Probably waking the neighbours... I started to shake and had to wrap my hands around my thighs. I hate being yelled at.

"I-I'm sorry. I was yawing and didn't realis-" I was cut off by his hands grabbing my arm. He started to squeeze tightly and dragged me into the kitchen. He grabbed a knife from the drawer and my eyes widened in shock. He wouldn't...

"Oh? Now you are quiet? That is a first! You fucking bitch... You know I could just kill you right now and steal your fucking money. I could say someone had broken in, you killed yourself or I could just simply say that you had left..." A wicked smile came across his face and I started to sweat and shake uncontrollably. I wish I could say that he wouldn't do anything like that, but he would. He wouldn't hesitate.

"P-please don't," I whimpered whilst trying to get my arm free of his tough grip. Just as I thought he was going to leave me be, he gripped the knife tightly and sliced through my arm. I screamed, and he dropped me causing me to fall on the ground as red droplets started to pool on the floor. Tears escaped my eyes as I kept looking at the wound.

"That just gives you a little taste of what will happen if you make another mistake..." he said with a chuckle as he walked away back to the living room. I wanted to scream and punch a wall. I was so angry that he just got away with all of this. This isn't fair...

I crawled up off the floor and grabbed a rag. First, I attended to the floors and tried to clean up all the blood. Then, I grabbed some gauze and a bandage to wrap my arm and then I walked upstairs. I cleaned my teeth, brushed my hair, got dressed and grabbed everything else I might need. I check the time and realised I had 40 minutes till the bell. I walked downstairs and quickly walked out of the house. Fuck him and his breakfast. If he is hungry, he can make his own.

The cold wind didn't mix well with my arm and nose. I was constantly sniffling, and my arm felt numb and ached every time my jacket grazed against it. Today is going to be hell. What's new? As soon as I arrived at school, I made my way to the doors and noticed no one was lurking in the car park. Probably because it's freaking freezing outside... Just as I had opened the doors, I had bumped into someone and slipped onto the floor. Great. A low growl exited the person I had bumped into and I lifted my head. It was Logan. His angry expression automatically left his face when he realised it was me and he bent down to help me up. He grabbed onto my arms to help and I yelped pulling away instantly. I fell back onto the ground and my eyes started to well up again.

"Bella! Are you okay!?" he asked me. He called me Bella... no one has ever called me Bella. He bent back down to my level and without asking, started to pull my jacket off my arm. Everything seemed to be in slow motion as I watched him take it off. I couldn't let anyone see this! But for some reason, I couldn't stop him. It was like my body was giving up and wanted him to know. It was like my body wanted someone to protect it. It wanted him... He looked down at me and all of a sudden, the jacket was off me and on the ground beside him. He saw the bandage on my arm, the bruises and the blood. His body started to shake, and he let out a menacing growl... he has got to stop doing that. He sounds like an animal.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me outside into the cold wind. We left my jacket behind! But I couldn't stop him from dragging me away, still in my trance.

"Who did that to you!?" He yelled.

"I-t was just an accident. I walked into a knife?" I said trying to come up with something. Clearly, I didn't do a very good job.

"ARABELLA YOU BETTER TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHO HURT YOU OR I SWEAR TO GOD!" He screamed at me. His face started to turn red and he started to shake. I heard the doors to the school open again and I heard footsteps rush our way.

"Arabella! Get out of the way!" I Ignored the calls and walked towards him. The person kept screaming at me and got closer and closer. Before they touched me and pulled me back, I rushed to Logan and wrapped my arms around him. He shook for a few more seconds and then seemed to calm down. He wrapped his arms around me but still seemed stiff. I felt his face move to the crook of my neck and before I knew it, we had pulled apart. His face went to a normal colour and I tried to reassure him with a smile. He didn't say anything, and I thought he had dropped the subject, so I walked away to a class I was very much late to.

Logan's P.O.V

I moved my face to the crook of her neck and smelled. I picked up a scent that wasn't hers and as soon as I was familiar with it, I pulled away from her. She gave me a smile and walked away. I turned to my Beta, Kayden and held my frown.

"I got the scent, we search this town high and low until we find the fucker that hurt her. Starting at her house..."