4. The Sauna Test

Max's POV

"Which one?" I asked El as the thunder rumbled outside.

"I don't know." She answered as she climbed into bed.

"Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?" I tried to reassure her.

"It doesn't make sense." She stated.

"What doesn't make sense?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows

"Heather. The blood. The ice." She shook her head.

"Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's better now. That has to be it." I started to explain, "I don't know where that blood came from, but we saw her. We both saw her. She's totally fine!" El looked away.

"What about Billy?" She asked looking back at me.

"What about him?" I asked.

"He seemed wrong." El added.

"Wrong is kind of like his default." I chuckled, "But it's nice to know he's not a murderer, because that would've totally sucked."

"Who is that?" She noticed the comic book on the bed.

"See, this is why you can't just hang out with Mike all the time." I told her as she sat up. I picked up the book and started to show her.

"This is Wonder Woman. AKA Princess Diana." I flipped a page. "She's from Paradise Island, which is, like, this hidden island where there are only women Amazon warriors."

"Do you copy? This is a code red." Lucas's voice spoke over the walkie-talkie. "I repeat, this is a code red.
Max. Do you copy? This is a code red."

"Shut up." I groaned as I grabbed it. I turned it off and tossed it to the floor.

"You've got to be kidding me." I scoffed as the phone rang. I rushed to the phone and picked it up.
"I'm sleeping. Go away."

"This is Mike. Do not hang up. Something happened, something bad. Our very lives can be at stake." He explained.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Just come over to my house. We'll explain everything." He responded.

"What?" I sighed.

"Hurry." He exclaimed before shutting of the phone.

Y/N's POV

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." He explained as he paced back and forth.

"But there's gotta be a way in." Robin leaned forward.

"Well, you know I could just take him out." Steve suggested.

"What?" I stared at Steve, he's got to be kidding me.

"Take out the Russian guard." He responded.

"What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy." He explained as we gave him a look.

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin stopped in front of him.

"Yes, Dustin, I did." Steve glared at Dustin. "And that's why I would be sneaking." He walked on the table with his fingers.

"Ah." I nodded, "Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually won a fight?"

"Okay, that was one time-."