Epilouge

play the song for maximum emotion. this chapter is a bit of a tear jerker, i know i cried. maybe it's because i wrote it, idk. enjoy. and sorry this is late, my dumbass forgot to publish it.

Y/N's POV

Air filled my lungs as I woke up. Bright lights filled my eyes, before I winced and shut them. I opened my eyes again and took in my surroundings. I quickly realized that this was the hospital. I made the effort to moved but stopped when I felt a sharp pain in my leg. I looked at it, only to see it in a cast. The door opens and I turned see who entered.

"M-Max?" I stuttered, before she ran up to me. She embraced me, though I was a little but confused.

"I'm so glad you're ok." Max whispered, hugging me tighter. I gave into the hug, before wrapping my arms around her.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice now sounding raspy. Max let go, but continued to stand next to me.

"Well, yesterday we-." Max stopped herself. Explaining what happened exactly didn't seem like a good idea. "I can't explain it here, but you passed from inhaling to much smoke a debris. Well that's what the doctor said.

"S-so where are my parents?" I questioned, trying to look out of the small window in the door. Max didn't reply and looked down. "Max?" My voice cracked.

"They're gone."

ღღღღღღღღღღღღ
Three Months Later.
ღღღღღღღღღღღღ

"Welcome to Hawkins, Indiana, a wonderful place to grow up, to raise your family, to walk your dog."  A joyful voice spoke over cheerful images of people. "But then on July Fourth, everything changed. A terrible tragedy struck this small town. But this was not this small town's first brush with tragedy."

"Mysterious deaths, government cover-ups, a bizarre chemical leak. Is it all linked? All a vast conspiracy? The fault of a disgraced, corrupt mayor? Or is something more going on in the heartland? Can a town itself be cursed?" The voice over rambled, masking the now frightful music. "Some believe a rise in Satanism is to blame. To find out, tune in tonight at 8:00 p.m. for "Horror in the Heartland" on Cutting Edge."

I shut off the tv and sighed. I looked around at the few boxes that were left I had packed. My uncle came in and grabbed the boxes, but not before talking to me. "You okay kiddo?"

"Yea." I responded softly. He nodded before bring the boxes outside and into the moving truck. I stood up and started to make my way over to my door, but tripped over an object. I hit the floor, with a loud thud. I groaned in pain and got my self up. I looked next to me and found the item I tripped on.

'Max's Skateboard!' It read in bright red sharpie in a strip off white tape. I picked it up and played with the duct-tape, holding the skateboard together. She gave it to me after I bought her a new one for her birthday.

'No chance I'll be riding this.' I thought before smiling. I looked up at my the walls of my childhood home. I can't believe I'm leaving this place. I carefully got up, still holding the skateboard. A tear slid down my face as I hopped my way over to the phone in my room. I dialed Max's number and waited for her to answer.

"Hey, I changed my mind about going over to Will's house." I spoke into the phone when she answered.

"Turn around look at what you see. In her face the mirror of your dreams." Max and I harmonized, putting on a amazing performance. "Rhymes that keep their secrets will unfold behind the clouds." We sang.

"Wait, did we get that verse right? It's 'unfold behind the clouds'?" Max asked, stopping the song.

"Yeah, but you're butchering it, so could you pleas ande stop?" He replied, annoyed at our singing.