6. E Pluribus Unum

Italics- in Russian.

Y/N's POV

"The gate." I nervously said to Steve and Dustin as the machine in front of us hummed. We stepped back from the window and ran back down the stairs.

"I don't understand. You've seen this before?" Robbin asked as I hoped down the last step.

"Not exactly." Dustin replied.

"Then what, exactly?" Robin questioned.

"All you need to know is it's bad." Dustin responded.

"It's really bad." I added.

"Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad." Steve continued

"And you know about this how?" Robin asked.

"Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?" Erica spoke. We looked towards the floor, where the guard should have been. The alarm started to blare, making the lights flash red and blue.

"Shit." Steve muttered. He ran to the door and opened it. He peered out into the center.

"Halt! Halt!" Some guards shouted at Steve. He shut the door and turned to us.

"Go!" Steve shouted. We ran back up the stairs. We ran into the control room. The scientists that we were watching before, turned around and looked at us.

"Shit." I whispered as the guards started running up the stairs. Dustin started towards the door that lead to the machine. The rest of us quickly followed after. Dustin shrieked as he pushed a worker out of the way.

"Holy shit!" He repeated as we got cornered. I tried to move as far away as possible from the very harmful ray.

"Guards!" Erica called out. I looked around and sure enough, there were many guards running towards us.

"This way!" Steve pointed to the lower stairs. He pushed another worker out of the way as we practically flew down the stairs. Steve pushed over some large storage cans, blocking an entrance. He motioned to a room, before running to open the door. We entered the room, and he shut the door. "Hold the door!" He shouted as he tried to keep it shut.

"Robin! Help me, come on!" He exclaimed as I started to look for an exit. Robin ran to help Steve and the both tried to hold the door close.

"Here!" I shouted as I lifted up a vent grate. "Come on!" Erica crawled in.

"Go! Just get out of here!" Steve shouted at us

"No!" Dustin shouted back, refusing to go in.

"Just go get some help, okay?" Robin instructed.

"What are you doing?!"I yelled at Dustin, coming back up from the vent.

"Go!" They screamed at us.

"I won't forget you!" Dustin shrieked.

"Go!" I shouted at him, pulling him down. I shut the grate and fell to the floor. I panted before crawling to catch up with Erica. Dustin reluctantly followed.

3rd Person

The lights flickered as the kids sat in the waiting room.

"He's here." Will shivered as he touched his neck. Eleven stood up and started to walk to the elevator.

"Hey, hey, hey! Two at a time!" The receptionist shouted. The party ignored her and continued to follow Eleven to the elevator. Max continuously pressed the 'up' button, as if that would make it come faster "Stairs." Mike said as he stood back. The group ran up several flights of stairs and stopped on the 5th floor. The ran through the corridors and spotted Jonathan trying to break a window. Eleven ran up to him, the rest following.