7. The Bite

90 followers? wtf thank you! 🥰 and btw if you see N/N it means 'nickname'.

Max's POV

"He said he was building something. That it was all for me." El stated, wiping her tears away.

"Building something-. Is he talking about the flayed?" I asked, looking up at everyone else.

"He must be." Nancy replied.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas said, still pacing back and forth.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike corrected.

"He's building it to stop Eleven." Will continues

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike said.

"Like, royally." Lucas added.

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him" Mike paused. "But if she's out of the way-."

"Game over." Lucas cut him off.

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you." El's voice quivered as she told us.

"Yeah, well, that's nice." I muttered. (lmao why was that so funny) A faint screech could be heard in the distance. Nancy walked toward the window, where fireworks were giving off colorful lights.

"Do you guys hear that?" She whispered.

"It's just the fireworks." Jonathan shuddered.

"Billy, when he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy asked, turning around to El. She nodded yes. I sat up when I heard and felt thudding of a particular thing.

"He knows we're here." Will whispered, touching his neck.

Y/N's POV

"Jesus, slow down!" Steve slurred after I took a sharp turn. I rolled my eyes as the alarm blared in my ears.

"Yeah, what is this, like, the Indy 500?" Robin called out.

"It's the Indy 300." Steve tried to correct her.

"No, dingus, it's 500!" She shouted back.

"It's 300!" Steve held up 3 fingers.

"Let's say a million." Robin suggested before the both of them burst out laughing.

"What is wrong with them?" Erica asked.

"I don't know." Dustin responded.

"Y/N watch out!" Erica exclaimed.

"Shit!" I yelled, swerving to miss the cans in front of us. I slammed the brakes, making the cart (idk man) screech to a stop.

"Jeez." I sighed, blowing the hair out of my face. "You guys all right back there?" I asked, but they just responded with groans, obviously in pain.

"They're fine." Dustin stated. I unbuckled my seatbelt, and  walked to the back of the cart, Erica and Dustin following.

"Come on. We gotta go, now." I instructed after pulling the door open.

"Come on! Get out!" Dustin shouted after they didn't move. We pulled them out and walked to the elevator door. "Here goes nothin'." He pressed the keycard to the lock. It flashed green and the door opened. All of us walked in, and I pressed the 'up' button and quickly, we began to ascend.

Steve and Robin began to giggle as Steve stood on a bright red platform dolly.

"Hey! You look like you're surfing!" Robin laughed as Steve tried to keep his balance.