Chapter 29

I took my time getting over to him, driving him madder with each slow step I made in his direction. When I finally reached him, I didn't even bother sitting beside him. Instead, I plopped right down on his lap, my fingers running through his mess of hair and landing on the back of his neck. I buried my nose and mouth in the top of his head as I straddled him, inhaling his intoxicating scent as his hands slid up my back and dragged the vest with them, the garment falling back against my sweat-drenched skin while they traveled farther down, landing on my ass.

I shifted so that I was more comfortable, bringing our faces closer together and parting my lips to accept his. He didn't hesitate to bring us together in a swift, captivating moment of passion, one that was all very new to me, yet at the same time felt so right; so natural.

I pulled back out of the kiss—our breaths shallow and fast; our hearts pounding hard against our chests—and attempted to undo the buttons holding the vest together. John impatiently brought his hands into the situation, shooing mine away and ripping the two sides apart like an animal. A few of the buttons went flying in all directions, and the thought of how upset Freddie was going to be when he got the vest back was the last thing on either of our minds as I tore the garment off and John swooped in, pressing his lips against my bare stomach. His kisses were warm and pleasant, and although they felt nice on my stomach, I would've rather had them on my lips...or better yet, somewhere lower, much lower.

John sat back as I started to fumble with the button and zipper of my pants, muttering, "Just pull it," while tugging the black blouse he wore over his head. I compliantly fell beside him and continued my struggle, eager to get the clothes off and feel his bare skin against mine.

I apparently wasn't doing it quick enough for John's liking, having elicited an annoyed, "Or I'll pull it," from him before he dove in again and planted kisses that were gentle yet rough all at once up my torso. My head sunk into the grass bed, a moan being drawn from the back of my throat as John's half-bare body weighed down on mine, his fingers hooking underneath my waistband and bringing my pants closer to my knees.

I reached up to do the same with his, but he was already one step ahead of me, sitting tall on top of me and tearing his belt from around his waist and tossing it carelessly to the side. It took him practically no time at all to slide out of his pants and throw them on top of the belt, tackling my bottoms next. I bucked my hips upward to help, earning one of his famous smiles before he yanked the garment from my ankles.

Stripped naked, the two of us took a moment to catch our labored breaths and stare at each other, taking one another in for everything we were. I felt vulnerable underneath him, trapped between his thighs and wrapped in the heat radiating from his bare body. The way the moonlight hanging above us reflected off his back gave him an almost angelic appearance, and never before had I wanted anyone as much as I wanted John then.

"God, Roger," he mumbled under his breath, wrapping his hands around my knees and running them down my thighs, his fingers teasing the area below my waist that had been building with pressure. His misty eyes trailed down my torso, landing on the noticeable bulge that strained against my underwear and causing him to smile. "I didn't know you had it so bad for me," he commented wistfully, his tongue grazing his bottom lip before it got pulled underneath his teeth.

"W-Wait," I told him, sitting up on my elbows and snapping him right out of the lustful daze he'd fallen into. "Are we really going to do this?"

His face fell instantly, a look of concern washing over him like a heavy tide as he straightened his posture. "Why? D-Do you not want to? Because if that's the case, you've been sending me some very mixed messages, Roger, and—"

I shook my head. "No, John, I do. It's just..." I couldn't bear to look into his eyes as I turned my head to the side and admitted shamefully, "I've never done this before...with a guy." My cheeks immediately grew hot, and my gaze wouldn't have returned to his if it wasn't for his hand that gently grabbed my chin and pulled my attention back to him.

"Hey, that...that's okay. Don't worry about it. There's a first time for everything, right?" he asked softly. I nodded my head in agreement, watching as a small grin appeared on his face before he slowly leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.