ix.

i love you.

weeks had passed already, jennie felt like she needed to slow down the time because it was getting ahead of her, it worsen the dread in her stomach.

she feared the end of summer, despite it still being weeks away.

the drive from san francisco to los angeles was around seven hours and the flight was around an hour and a half, it wasn't that much of a distance per se, nonetheless it was too much for the both of them (or at least, for jennie).

hell, jennie had been terrified of it before that she broke up with lisa, she knew better now though. she knew that the duration of being away from each other would just be quick and they would be in each other's arms again.

some people had it worst, she had to remind herself.

she supposed she was obvious with how worried she was, it was etched all over her face because lisa moved closer to her, wrapped her slender arms around her body and kissed her forehead.

"a kiss for your thoughts?" lisa whispered, which brought a smile to jennie's lips.

jennie didn't know where to begin.

she tried her best to gather her thoughts and formulate them into words so, for the least, lisa would have a preview of what was in her mind, of her troubles; they both decided that there were no more 'keeping it to themselves' thing, they ought to share now.

they wanted this relationship to be better. communication is always the key.

words were just difficult to grasp on, she could not even articulate herself through korean—how much more in english—and if she could, lisa wouldn't even understand. it was frustrating.

so she was left with, "i don't want summer to end..."

"hmm, why's that?" lisa furrowed her brows and her lower lip was jutted out adorably, jennie wanted to kiss her.

"i wouldn't be able to kiss you as much as i want, i wouldn't be able to be wrapped around your warmth, i'm not going to wake up to your beautiful face and awful morning breath; i don't want it to end because i'm going to miss you a lot. i know there would be phone calls and facetimes, but we couldn't even do that on our free time because our free time together probably won't match and—" now that she found the words she couldn't stop herself, "—and i'm going to cry a lot because i just want you with me, it's going to be awful and i don't want to go back to los angeles." she was so thankful that lisa didn't cut her off while she was in the midst of rambling, she pressed her face against her girlfriend's chest and let out a shaky breath.

lisa tilted her chin and cupped her cheeks, she brushed her thumbs along her chubby cheeks and kissed her ever so gently on the lips, the kiss she deserved in exchange for sharing her thoughts.

god, jennie would really miss those lips.

"we'll make a schedule, we're going to make it work. remember, i'm marrying you, you have the rest of your life to be with me, to wake up to me and my morning breath. college will pass just like that," she snapped her fingers, "and the next thing you'll know, every living day of when you're not busy you find yourself being pressed against something, with my face in between your thighs—"

lisa earned a slap on her shoulder for her latest statement, and she cackled.

"i love you, stop thinking about the future, be in the now with me, please?" lisa looked into jennie's eyes and smiled.

and so she did, jennie stayed in the now with lisa.

J E N N I E