Ch-13.❤ Umme Hani's Engagement...❤

"Na galati ki na khata ki koi,
Fir bhi aamade ishq me jhel raha hai saza koi..."
-Mushaid Shaikh.

(Neither did any fault nor performed any mistake,
Still, someone is bearing punishment on the onset of love...)

***

"You are looking so pretty! Zimad bhai won't be able to take his eyes off from you." A sweet blush appears on Umme Hani's cheeks upon hearing Zaala's comment.

"Wait till your turn comes." Umme Hani replies.

A small child enters inside the room and gives a gift box to Zaala. She gets confused and asks, "Hey little one who gave you this and for whom is it given?"

"A big boy who's wearing a sherwani gave it to me and told me to give it to you." The little boy replies.

"Maybe he misunderstood me for you," Zaala says to Umme Hani and is about to hand over the gift to her but the little boy interferes, "no its for you only. That boy told me to give it to the girl wearing a white gown, whom I'll find in the bride's room." The boy then looks around as if he's searching if anyone else is present there and after finding no one else there he directed Zaala to bend down. Zaala kneels down and the little boy takes his mouth towards her ear, "he told me to tell you in your ears that this gift is from Sabil." Zaala nods her head in agreement and kisses the little boy on his cheeks. The boy then leaves from there.

Zaala opens the box and finds a note inside it. She opens it with shivering hands as she remembers what happened last time when she opened a note from inside a gift box.

"I want my girl to look perfect today. It's not like you aren't but I don't like your hands to remain empty in a function. I hope I brought the correct size."

All her uneasiness goes away after reading the note. She then unwraps another box inside the first box. There's a pair of beautiful bracelet inside it. She wears it and looks at them with admiration.

"How beautiful!" Umme Hani holds Zaala's hand. Zaala then tears the note and throws it inside the dustbin.

"Hey, Hani are you ready? Your in-laws have already arrived at the venue." Umme Hani's cousins enter inside the room.

"Yeah, I'm totally ready." Umme Hani replies.

***

Everyone claps as soon as Umme Hani and Zimad put the ring in each other's fingers. During the engagement, only a few elderly men are present besides women as the ring ceremony is held in the women's section. Mr Faruqi is also present there. Zaala glances around but doesn't find Sabil anywhere. She's totally aware of her dad's gaze and so even if she's nervous because of Sabil's absence, she's somehow thankful for the same.

After having dinner everyone starts to leave, Zaala goes towards the changing room to wear her abaya, while her dad talked with Mr Rafik (Umme Hani's dad).

"Mr Rafik." An elderly man approaches near Umme Hani's dad.

"I'll take my leave now, by the way, the function was great. Khuda Hafiz." That man says.

"Shukriya Mr Rehman, Fiamanillah." Mr Rafik replies.

"The function was really great but unfortunately all can't afford it so nowadays people have started training their sons to lure rich girls in order to fulfil their desire of having such lavish functions. You are lucky to find a perfect son-in-law and I too intend to do the same and if anyone interrupts me I won't hesitate to harm that person." Mr Faruqi tells Umme Hani's dad all the while glaring at Mr Rehman.