Good Girls part 1

I don't wanna be your friend, 

no, I already got enough of them. 

For chillin', grillin', four-wheelin' 

Baby that ain't what I'm feeling.

I don't wanna just hang out, 

Nah, that ain't what I'm talking 'bout. 

Baby can't you tell by this kiss, 

I don't wanna be your - 

        "Lexie love, breakfast is ready. Hurry up and get dressed, let's try not to be late this time." Mum said knocking on my door. She knows what I'm doing; I never close my door unless I am sleeping, writing or getting dressed. However my mum is the only one that knows that I write. She discovered my secret a while back when I left my book out on my bed, as she was cleaning.  

        "Coming!" I reply back. I close my song book and put it back in between my mattress and box spring.  

        I quickly changed into one of my few special occasion outfits. This time a blue lace dress which sits right above my knee. I also grab my ballet loafers and put them on as well. I leave my red hair down and curly. I quickly grab my little knapsack and put in an additional change of clothes, before walking out and heading downstairs to the kitchen. 

        Today is Sunday which means my family has a big breakfast, well bigger than normal, considering the size of my family. Ash and his family used to dome over and eat with us every Sunday. But as we all became older and busier it was harder to plan Sundays so we went our own ways. 

        I took my seat at the table between Landon and Elaine. Charlotte, Elizabeth and Lawson sat on the other side, while my parents took up the heads of the table. 

        "Morning everyone." My father, Joel, greeted. We all replied with some greeting back before going back to our breakfast plates. My mum and dad spent a lot of time preparing breakfasts on Sundays. Sometimes my siblings and I would help too. 

        Today they made pancakes, breakfast sausages, eggs, fruits and French toast. I had some of each and a glass of milk because I don't like orange juice. "What is everyone planning on doing after church today?" my mother asked. 

        I let my younger siblings answer first. Libby, Lottie Lawson said they were going to hang out with Harry, Ashton's younger brother. Lainey said she was going to do some homework and maybe later call Lauren. My older brother Landon said he has to study.  

        "Alexis, what about you?" my mum asks me, knowingly. I look up from my food at my family "Umm, I think Ash and I. are going to hang out with the lads today."  

        My dad looked up, shocked at my words "Again? You were there yesterday. What about your mother and I? Have you even finished your homework Alexis-Lynn?" he questions, looking for any reason to get me to stay home. 

        My dad is disappointed that I am going out again, with boys. The main hint, he used my full name. No one ever calls me Alexis-Lynn unless I' in trouble or at school. My dad never really liked that my best friend was a guy but he said Ashton was a good guy. So I'm sure now with me having 3 more good guy friends he isn't too happy.  

        I do feel guilty but it is my life and I would rather be out with the lads then sitting at home with my parents watching TV while we fold the family's laundry. Let's be realistic. Homework is a different story.