17.

"Well, isn't this a thrilling event?"

I was seated with the remaining council members in the auditorium, high up enough that no one within the dense crowd noticed us. Yumeko was about to participate in an idol battle gamble with Yumemi, our schools resident idol girl via a series of idol related games. Turning to look over at Kaede, I smiled, knowing that he was already feeling the stress if the gamble. This had been set up without the Presidents permission so losing and shaming her would lead to his death.

"You see happy sister? Wanna tell us something?" Runa quipped, sending me her famous grin. I had chosen to sit next to her as my first pick, Sayaka, was seated next to the Vice President. Although I didn't like the council members, she was the least of a threat towards me despite being the presidents right hand. I smiled back at my sister, patting her head in an endearing way before turning my attention back to the gamble. It was going to be a long one, with singing and other idol related activities.

"I wonder, which one of them will devour the other first? Who will live and who will die?" I mused, smoothing down my skirt absentmindedly as I looked out at Yumemi's fans, their cheers filling the room, setting the thrilling atmosphere for the gamble. I smiled, knowing that Mary was probably cringing right now, surrounded by the over enthusiastic fans. Kaede scoffed, shooting me a glare from above my sisters head.

"You sound like the president." He snarled, still annoyed at her sudden disappearance from the council without informing anyone. It had been a couple of days since she left and she hadn't called Sayaka or left us any instructions.

"Kirari seems to have a sixth sense at times like these. Perhaps it's a good thing to sound like her during a time like this."

"You never know what could go wrong behind the scenes, especially when you think that everything is working in your favour." Runa teased to Kaede, some of her popcorn flying in the air as she shook with laughter. Everything was a joke to her.

"Shut up, both of you. Just watch!"

I settled back into my seat, snatching up some of Runa's popcorn to eat as I waited for the games to start. The first was a singing challenge, with Yumemi singing one of her idol songs. The stage lit up with pink and white strobe lights as she danced around, singing the sugary song at the top of her lungs in a powerful but controlled voice. Her fans went wild, waving their glow sticks in a synchronised fashion and yelling out fan chants. Surprisingly, it was kind of enjoyable and the stars in Yumemi's eyes seemed to glow even brighter now. Overall, her score was 85.

Yumeko then took the stage, ready to perform. She had taken the bet very seriously, donning an idol style dress in tartan print with two pigtails secured by pink bows so she looked like an actual idol. Her cute expression didn't match the insane Yumeko who I knew however. Gasping, I looked on in shock as Yumeko opened her mouth and began to sing, her heavenly notes floating through the air with such power and grace that she made Yumemi's performance look like childs play. 98 was her score, meaning she'd won the first round.

I sighed, rising from my seat and grabbing my bag before walking away to the stairs so I could exit. A hand pulled me back and I turned around to see Kaede standing, face red with anger as he looked at me with suspicion, grip around my arm tightening slightly. I held my ground, staring him in the face.

"Where are you going Aiko. Come back now."

"I need to use the bathroom, not that I have to tell you where I'm going anyways."

"You do, seeing as-"

"You should take the time to address me in a nicer tone, Kaede." Harshly cutting off his sentence, I glared at him, my brown eyes shining with malice. I ripped my arm out of his grip, shooting him one last seething look before walking down the stairs and out of the auditorium.