Chapter 4

The three of them got into the car.

"Jessa, in your story you said there was someone named Gianna who helped you. Do you know where she is now? She could help us by telling us what her plan was, and who she contacted," Cody said.

"I know exactly where she is. We met up a couple of months ago. She lives about 15 minutes away from here," she said.

"Could you give me the address?" Malachi asked.

"Give me your phone and I'll type it in," Jessa said. Malachi gave her his phone and she typed in Gianna's address

15 minutes later, they arrived. Jessa got out of the car and knocked on the door. A woman with brown hair tied up with in a bun opened the door.

"Gianna!" Jessa said and gave her a hug.

"Hey Jessa! It's nice to see you," she said. Gianna then looked at the two people standing behind her. "Who are they?"

"The tall, confident looking dude is Cody, and the one in the beanie who is kind of a wuss is Malachi," Jessa said.

"Hey!" he said.

"You know that it's true."

"I hate to tell you tell you this, but she's kind of right," Cody said.

"We can argue on whether he's a wuss or not later. Why are you guys here?" Gianna said.

"We're part of an investigation that involves Jessa, and from what she's told us, it also involves you," Cody said.

"You spilled the beans?" Gianna asked Jessa.

"Yup."

"So, what do you need me for?"

"We need you because you're the one who came up with the plan that got Jessa here today. We're hoping that you could come with us to help us solve this," Malachi said.

"For a wuss, he can actually talk in a serious way," Gianna said. "Okay. I'll go with all of you, but will that mean I have to leave my job?"

"What's your job?"

"I animate stuff."

"Can you technically work from home?"

"Well, yes."

"There you go. Tell your boss you're 'on a vacation', but you'll be working while you're gone," Cody said.

"Do you think I can get away with that?"

"You were able to withhold this information for years," Malachi responded.

"Touché. I'll call him right now, but I still need to pack. Come in, it won't take long," Gianna said.

The three of them walked into her house and sat down on the chairs in the dining room. About 40 minutes later, Gianna was packed up and ready to go. All four of them piled into the car.

"Where are we going?" Gianna asked Cody, who was in the driver's seat.

"We're going to Syracuse. We were already there, and checked the house that Jessa lived in with her parents-"

"Wait a moment. You were in my old house?" Jessa asked in disbelief.

"Yes. It was abandoned so technically anyone can go in there."

"Did you check every room in the house?"

"Yes, why?"

"Did you find a safe anywhere?"

"There's a safe?" Malachi asked.

"Yes, there is a safe. I didn't know that you spy agents could be such incompetent idiots," Jessa said.

"We are not incompetent idiots. Where was it?" Malachi said.

"In the office behind the desk. If there is still a desk there."

"The desk was in the middle of the room, and there was nothing against the walls."

"It's in the wall."

"We didn't see it."

Jessa sighed. "When we get to Syracuse, go back to the house. There's some important stuff in that safe that may or may not help."

"What's in there?"

"Let's just say that the documents in there, if they are still in there, might give you some information about this."