Chapter 15

Autumn sat on the chair, unconscious. The other two girls watched in horror, still trapped in their chairs.

"Whoops. I missed," William said.

"You really are a monster," Jessa said.

"Don't say another word or else both of you could be dead within two minutes."

Both girls said nothing for a while. Not until they heard another gun click.

In that moment, police officers and other people in fancy uniforms came into the room with guns.

"Drop to the ground! Hands in the air!" they yelled.

Everyone followed their instructions. Soon enough, there was an ambulance there to take Autumn to the hospital. Everyone who was part of the gang got arrested.

Cody and Malachi were there as well and helped Noelle and Jessa to get out of the ropes. They headed into the car where Gianna was waiting. They all rushed to the hospital. When they got there, they immediately went to the front desk.

"Autumn Lopez?" Malachi said.

"She's in surgery right now. It was an emergency."

"Thank you."

The 5 of them sat down on the uncomfortable chairs. There was this awkward silence in the air until Noelle spoke up.

"So what happens now?" sh asked.

"It's probably going to court, but we can discuss that later. Your mom is going to jail, along with Autumn's parents. I don't know for how long yet though," Cody said.

"Autumn Emerson Lopez?" the doctor said.

All of them hopped up. "That's us," Cody said.

"Her surgery was successful. She's asleep right now. I'm going to let any family members enter first, then I'll invite anyone else. So, is there any family members here?"

Noelle and Jessa stood up. "We're her cousins," Jessa said.

"Alrighty then. Follow me."

The sisters followed the doctor into Autumn's room. Autumn was on the bed, asleep.

"She really has gone through a lot today. She found out about her dad being a killer and her mom helping, probably has a concussion from being knocked out, got shot, and was trapped in a chair 3 times. That's a lot to go through in a day," Noelle said.

"I know. She's a strong person and has pulled through all this way."

The girls exited the room and headed back out to where the 3 adults were.

"Which room?" Gianna asked.

"143."

They left Noelle and Jessa alone to go see Autumn.

"What's going to happen with you and Autumn now? Your parents are probably going to jail," Jessa said.

"Honestly, I don't know. I think for now I'm going to stay with you guys at the house, and after y'all separate, I guess I'll have to find someone to live with because I'm almost 18. As for Autumn, I don't think she can leave the hospital for a while, but after she comes back, she can't go into her house because there will be people searching through everything."

"Right, I forgot about the searching part."

"After we deal with all the court stuff we can figure out what to do."

"I'll talk it over with Cody, but I think we'll be able to work something out."