Chapter 14

Jessa and Noelle headed back to the building. They were able to break back in and relocate the areas where they went to search. Then based off the directions Cody gave them back at the house, they went to where Autumn was being held.

Eventually they found the correct room. Obviously, it was locked with a passcode, so Jessa tried to figure out the numbers. 10 minutes later, and the lock still not opened, they were starting to lose patience.

They suddenly heard footsteps coming from down the hallway. Noelle pulled Jessa away from the lock and they hid in a random room.

"There's people here," Noelle whispered.

"Of course there is. There's no other way Autumn would've been captured," Jessa said.

"What do we do now?"

"We have to wait until the coast is clear before going back out."

Once the people walking past by, they exited the room to go back and try the lock again. When they left, they felt people tap their shoulders. As they turned around, a cloth was placed on their mouths and they passed out.

------

Back at the house, Cody, Malachi and Gianna were trying to complete their evidence board. They came to a final conclusion.

"I knew it. Everything leads back to William Lopez, Autumn's dad and Noelle and Jessa's uncle," Cody said.

"But this also leads to other suspects as well," Malachi said.

"I know that. There had to be at least 5 or 6 people in on this. There's no way that this could've been done by one person."

"Well duh. There's no other way this could've been executed. I don't need to be some spy agent to know that," Gianna said.

"Who else is linked to Jessa's parents?" Cody thought out loud. Suddenly, his face lit up. "I know exactly who it could be."

------

All three girls sat in the same room, tied to chairs and duct tape over their mouths. Autumn got her duct tape off easily like before.

"Lick the tape. It will come off after a couple of minutes," Autumn said.

The other two did as told and it did come off. Then Noelle suddenly stood from her chair and walked around the room.

"How in the hell did you do that?" Jessa said.

"Dude. The ropes were loose. I moved a little bit and boom. I'm out," she said.

"Well, ours are tighter than yours so please help us a little bit," Autumn said.

Once they were all untied, they tried to unlock the door to escape. But it was harder than any of them thought it would be.

"You idiot. That's not the way to turn it," Autumn said.

"If you think that I can't do it, you try it for yourself," Jessa said.

The door in front of them opened. The three of them stumbled back.

"You guys bicker so loudly," the man said. "You're barely even related and still act as if you were 9-year-old sisters."

"What do you want dad? Why do you need us?" Autumn said.

"I don't need you. I'm only keeping you, otherwise you'd tell everyone what you found. Actually, I do need one of you. We have some unfinished business to deal with. Tie them up again," he said, and 3 people came in. Those three people who were wearing masks, grabbed Noelle, Jessa and Autumn and tied them back up in the chairs.

"Who are these people?" Noelle asked.

"Mom?" Noelle said.

"MOM?" Autumn screamed. "Wait, who's this dude?"

"He's part of my team. He doesn't have any connection with any of you," William said. "Anyways, all of you have figured it out. All three of us murdered your parents, MJ."

"The name isn't MJ," Jessa said. "You monstrous human beings. Why would you do that?"

"Because. My brother Carson was always everyone's favourite. I became jealous of him. I joined this gang as a teen and now I'm the leader. When he disappointed my parents a few times and I became the favourite. That was also around the time my parents found out about this. They became members before they died. When my parents were considering forgiving him and inviting him back into the family. I couldn't let that happen because he'd rise back up to the top. So, I killed him and his wife. I was going to go for you too, but we heard sirens in the distance."

"From what I know, MJ or Jessa only saw two figures leave the house after escaping. How were 3 of you involved in killing them?" Noelle said.

"I was the only one with the gun. These two planned and one of them came with me that night."

"Why were you going for the whole family? Why couldn't you just get better or find something that would bring you up to the top instead of being jealous? You know, you are such a piece of-" Autumn said, but she couldn't finish her sentence because there was a click of a gun.

"Finish that sentence. I dare you. You'll be dead if you do," William said. He was holding a gun in his hand.

"You wouldn't dare shoot your own daughter."

"Oh, I do."

A gunshot was heard.