Nocte Angelus Ch. 13

A/N: Please vote, comment and fan if you haven't already!

Enjoy!

If you like this story and think it's worth reading then please help me spread the word. Thanks and enjoy! ^,...,^v

♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫♫♥♫

Copyright ©2012 All Rigths Reserved

Am I really seeing what is happening right in front of my eyes? So many questions need answering. I am going to get them even if I have to force them out of her. ‘She can’t run forever.’ I thought to myself. That night at the club, her scent carried the smell of vampire, so I just assumed that is what she was. Especially when I saw, sharp pointed fangs descend from her mouth.

Now I am not so sure. When she stood there, her eyes closed, and concentration over took her facial features, I knew she was something new all together when wings, large and black as night, took place on her back. When she opened her eyes they were a glowing white, and fangs where protruding from her mouth. When Amaranth extended her wings, I knew in that moment, she had planned for me to go on chasing after her.

I am hoping this little game of hers does not go on all night. I had plans to see through before daylight broke. She flew to the sky and every little movement she made was as graceful and polished, as if it where the gods themselves taking flight to heaven. It was a site to see.

As I looked up at her watching me, I smiled. I sprung up high enough to touch her, but she flew back and snickered at my failed attempt. That just pissed me off; I jumped onto the tallest tree and ascended off higher, until I was hovering over her. Causing both of us to plummet to the ground and roll a few times.

Just when I thought I had her, she soared to the sky again and took off. She peered back at me and hissed. There is no way I am giving up chase. Amaranth must have had a boost of energy or something, because next thing I knew, she was pushing forward with newfound force. I gave up running and began leaping off high from tree to tree.

I urged myself to go faster. I have to catch her; I cannot let her get away. Something inside of me had me feeling like if I let her go, I would lose a part of me, as if I wouldn’t be able to breathe again. Just the thought of her not being with me really had me fearing the future hell I knew I would live. What the hell? These emotions had warning bells going off in my head. Why am I acting like a wolf for? I am a vampire damn it!

Screw that, I am the vampire, next in line for the throne. I am Prince, an original! I could not have a mere woman throwing me off my game. This thought brought me some much needed knew found dexterity. I used the tree I was now on top to give me an advantage, as I jumped as high as I possibly could, with all the fortitude I had left in me.

I just barely managed to grasp her wrist and pull her against my chest. Maybe I should have thought this through, it was not a good idea to block her wings from keeping us afloat, but at the last second, that was all I could think of. I did whatever I could to keep her from going any further.

Our bodies crashed into a rotted tree, passed a cluster of over grown shrubs, and out to a clearing of wildflowers. I grumbled under my breathe when I finally stopped rolling. I looked at my surroundings and saw the way the wildflowers were set, it was like looking at a rainbow. It was weird, but looked nice.

Shortly being distracted, I forget all about Amaranth. I look around searching for any sign of movement, but I do not see any. Just as I was about to stand up and start running again, I feel something moving underneath me. A soft murmur is heard; I look down and see Amaranth rubbing at her head.