Roomates Are Not Cannibals

Amabilis calmly made small talk with Peggy and Crystal, trying to seem like he didn't carry a Swiss Army knife or loaded gun. Magenta didn't say a word, she just folded her arms and stared into the distance threateningly.

He was surprised to see that Peggy seemed to like him. It was unexpected. She seemed mature, intelligent, almost motherly, and Amabilis knew he didn't appeal to people like that. Not that he appealed to much of anyone.

Peggy and Crystal were finished eating and Magenta and Amabilis weren't interested. It was too late for breakfast, and much too late to wake up, but regardless Stellaluna walked into the room, rubbing her eyes as if she'd just been woken up.

She was still wearing the same thing as yesterday, including Amabilis' jacket. It was too long for her but looked decent.

Amabilis looked up at Stellaluna (a rare event).
"Luna, I need to talk to you."

Stellaluna flopped onto the couch.
"Great, you can start now."

"I can't even see you." Amabilis commented, shifting in his seat.

"Lucky you." Stellaluna muttered.

"Please. Can we talk...alone?"

Crystal smirked and twirled her hair around her finger.
"Ooooooh~"

Peggy grabbed her coffee off the table and left silently into her room. Crystal slowly dipped out of the room herself with a smug look.

Amabilis sat down on the couch, opposite side to Stellaluna.
"The girl's gone."
He said.

"Me and Magenta are going to look for her tonight. You can join us for today only but please weigh the consequences."

Stellaluna nodded absently.
"Yeah. I'll help you."

Amabilis leaned back on the couch.
"Thank you."

Stellaluna chuckled.
"For someone who beats people up for a living you're really polite."

"I just think...life is short. You should thank people when they give their time to you. Shouldn't you?"

The girl didn't say anything. She mouthed the word 'wow' and Amabilis glanced over as he said
"You can meet up with me at my house at...five thirty?"

Stellaluna nodded, internally screaming.
"Sure."

Crystal poked her head out of her room with an arm shielding her eyes.
"Are you guys done yet?"

"Yeah." Amabilis said.
"You can come back in."

Crystal came back into the room and sat between the two.
"Peggy likes this couch and you're not allowed to make out on it."
She stated.

"Nothing to worry about, Crystal." Amabilis claimed.

"We're just friends." Stellaluna added.

Amabilis raised an eyebrow, dead serious as per usual.
"We're not friends either."

putting a hand to her chest Stellaluna sighed.
"I'm wounded."

Amabilis held out his hand to her, and after a moment of hesitation Stellaluna gave him a high five.
"The keys." Amabilis sighed.
"I just want my car keys back."

Stellaluna awkwardly rushed into her room to retrieve Amabilis' keys. They were placed on her night table. As she was spinning the keys around her finger she couldn't help but hear Peggy talking to someone through the wall. A phone call?

Stellaluna shrugged it off and tossed Amabilis his keys. He caught them without even turning to look at her. Show off.

"Well Magenta, we should be going now." Amabilis said and the magenta haired girl materialized out of thin air next to the door.