Killer in The Night

Direct continuation of last chapter. Sorry this chapter is super long, I wanted to go it in one! And also sorry about the delay on VOL I got carried away with this but a new chapter is on its way!

"Alright." Stellaluna steps out of a taxi and Crystal out the other side.
"It's a three minute walk from here to the warehouse."

"Ah," Stellaluna pauses.
"Close your eyes. I'll guide you though the world, like a blind baby chick and it's older sister chicken...or something, y'know."

Crystal looks unsure but closes her eyes.
"I don't make promises, but I won't guide you into more than three fire hydrants." Stellaluna assures.

A few minutes and one fire hydrant later Stellaluna dropped Crystal's hand.
"Open your eyes, kid."

Crystal did as instructed.
"Oh." She said without a hint of enthusiasm.

Stellaluna tapped her foot against the pavement.
"Ah, well, wait til you see the inside!" She pushed open the windowless door and strolled in, Crystal behind her.

"It looks like a...total dump..?"

Stellaluna snapped her fingers
"It is a total dump!"

There's a boxing ring in the middle of the large room. Two boys are fighting and other people off to the side spectate, cheering them on.

Stellaluna taps on the shoulder of a black haired girl in the audience who turns around and smiles.
"Stellar!"

She smacks her chewing gum as she points to Crystal.
"And who's this?"

Stellaluna puts her hand on Crystal's shoulder.
"This is my roommate. Quartz."

Crystal looks up to Stellaluna.
"Quartz?"

"Stage name. You can change it if you want."
Stellaluna smiles and Crystal smiles back. Something tells Stellaluna she won't be changing it.

The girl nods and takes a long look at Crystal.
"You didn't come to watch did you? What do you want?"

Stellaluna points to the clipboard in the girl's hands.
"The race tonight; is it still on?"

The girl blows a bubble with her gum.
"Hmm. You got a car?"

"Nope, do you know where I could get one?"
Stellaluna asks.

The girl pauses. She spits out her gum, onto the floor.
"Do you mean steal or rent?"

Crystal looks concerned and makes a strange noise.

Stellaluna smirks.
"Well...I take what I can get."

The girl laughs, clearly surprised that Stellaluna would have the guts.
"Princeton manor. There's a real nice car there, (no surprise) and it usually don't leave the driveway."

Stellaluna's foot taps against the floor, and she smiles dangerously.
"Security cameras?"

"Almost definitely."

"I like odds against me." Stellaluna stretches and cracks her knuckles.

Crystal grabs Stellaluna by the arm.
"I'm not involved in this right?"

Stellaluna's mouth opens as if to say 'oh' and she looks surprised, like a normal high school junior would steal a car from a high tech manor without batting an eyelash.

"Ah, I'm sorry- I can go it alone if you're a looooserrr."
Stellaluna makes her finger and thumb into an L.

She drapes her arm around Crystal.
"Really, kid- I've done this before alone, It's not like I need someone."