Good(?) Morning

A/N I'm on a roll with this story y'all

Stellaluna awoke to the sound of things falling out of the fridge and hitting the floor with a variety of smacks, clangs, and whams.

"Sorry, sorry-" Crystal apologized when she realized she'd woken Stella up.

"Nah, whatever..." she rubbed her eyes.
"You paranoid or something?"

Crystal turned around, away from the eggs she was carefully removing from the egg carton.
"Why do you ask?"

"Oh, maybe because when I got home last night our bedroom door was locked?!" Stellaluna said,
"Seriously kid, what was with that?!"

Crystal took a long pause. She cracked the eggs against the counter and as Stellaluna watched her it became very apparent she did not usually make eggs.
"Yeah, paranoid..."

Stellaluna had slept on the couch with no blanket and this...was an experience she didn't care to relive.
"Don't lock it again."

"I thought you were staying at Axel's." Crystal shrugged.

"I didn't even tell you I was with him!"

"Well, you made it obvious when you left ASAP with no explanation."

Stellaluna grunted, heading over to her room. Crystal was back to her eggs already.
Stellaluna opened the door and jumped back.
"Crystal!" She snapped.
"The robber's still here?! In my bed?! And I had to sleep on the-"

Crystal waved a hand, dismissing the statement altogether.
"She didn't attack me. It's fine."

Stellaluna scowled and decided to ignore that. Everyone here was a huge idiot.
She crouched down next to the bed and gave the woman's shoulder a tap.
"Hey."
Nothing.

She gently shook her and the woman took a sharp breath in before speaking in a drowsy but firm voice
"Mistress! Apologies-"

Stellaluna wanted to snap at this annoying lady but she spoke softly in hopes she'd calm down too.
"I'm not your mistress. It's breakfast, you should get up."

Midori didn't say anything for a second.
"M-Mordecai..?"

Stellaluna growled
"No! Get up! You're in my bed and I had to sleep on the couch!"

She opened her eyes, rubbing them with the back of her hand.
"Oh, wow. I assumed I'd be killed in my sleep. Lovely to see you." She said sarcastically.

"You're awful snarky for someone who could have been." Stellaluna said.
"What do you even want?"

The woman got out of bed drowsily, standing up to her full height. She was a lot taller than Stellaluna had guessed, and the woman looked down on her.
"I hope we can get along, but I know we can't. Midori Korudo, your name is Stella, is it not?"

Stellaluna left the room so that she wouldn't punch her right then and there.

"Hey," Peggy said, sitting down at the table.
"You look...disgruntled."

"I don't know what that means." Stellaluna groaned.
"Did I tell you about the werewolves?"

"The what?"

Stellaluna cleared her throat, gesturing towards her room.
"Midori is a werewolf. She tried to kill me. I was out almost all night looking for her, and then I find out she's living here. She could have hurt Crystal!"

Peggy sighed.
"Stella I...we can talk about this later. I'm going to ask her why she broke in, and where she lives, and then she'll be gone."

Stellaluna didn't seem convinced. She looked to Peggy who responded with
"She had every chance to hurt Crystal. She didn't."