Trust

!!final chapter!!

Rowan's POV

   I step inside the building for an additional time in search of the guys. I notice a slightly opened door leading to a basement, which I assume is them since I doubt any of the guards would leave a door open. I head down the steps and hear multiple voices; some sad, some happy.

   I take notice of most of the members with their relatives while Changbin and Minho sit alone. I decide to walk over and sit next to them, knowing my family is gone as well. Soon after, Felix calls me over to meet Chan's mom and siblings. I smile solemnly, "Hi, I'm Rowan. I was really good friends with Chan. I apologize I couldn't save him. We'll get you all out of here though, just give us a second." Chan's mother smiles with tears in her eyes and holds her kids close to her.

   We all begin picking the locks and helping people out of the cages. A sudden shout at the top of the staircase causes us to freeze, "Release them!" At the command of the voice, gates at the far end of the room open and 'zombies' flood out of them. Shrieks and blood-curdling screams fill the air as the people push and shove to get out, but the guards block the exit with guns and shields, shooting anyone who tried escaping.

   The creatures surround us and begin attacking and preying on the people, slowly advancing towards our group. "Mom!" A high-pitched cry echoes through my ears as a small child is bitten, the mother racing forward and trying to save her child but to no avail. We try our best to shoot, stab, hit, and do whatever we can to stop them but there are too many. I lock eyes with the other members, silently sending my goodbyes.

   We all huddle close to each other with our backs touching, fighting until the end.

3rd Person POV

   The creatures swarm the group and drown them in a sea of bloody bodies. Once the screaming dies down, the guards shoot the remaining creatures, leaving none standing. The last body drops and the room becomes eerily silent. Blood covers the bodies littered across the floor and is splattered on the walls, its iron scent filling the battle ground. The only breath remaining is that of the government officials as they stand at the top of the stairs, gazing out at the torturous mess they created.

Flashback to Chan and Rowan

   "Chan, it's not going to be okay, is it?"

   Chan stares lovingly into Rowan's eyes before suddenly saying, "Ro, I have something to tell you." He intertwines their hands and coughs, spitting out a bit of blood before speaking, "I wish I had more time with you and the guys. I had so much to tell and show you, and it hurts to see you like this because of me. Rowan, you were my reason for fighting and I want you to know that it's not over yet. Trust me on this one, okay?"

   Those same words echoed in her mind as she stared back into Chan's eyes. Trust. "Chan... I-... Okay. I'll trust you. I'm sorry we don't have much longer together. I'm really sorry, Chan," she chokes on her words as she buries her face in his neck. "I'm so sorry," she whispers after sniffling.

   "Don't be sorry Ro. You'll always be my babygirl. And who says I'm dying already? Are you trying to get rid of me that quick?" He acts offended.

   Rowan smiles and boops his nose, "Never. I'll keep you with me forever."

   Chan quickly pecks her lips and says with a cheeky smile, "I'll happily stay with you forever." He begins coughing and scratching his arms relentlessly.

   The signs become noticeable to Rowan and she locks eyes with Chan once more, "Please don't leave me." Chan gives her a soft smile and picks up her gun that was sitting beside her, cocking it and placing it in her hand, wrapping her fingers around it.

   "Chan, no. I can't do that," tears pour down the sides of her face again.

   "You don't want me to suffer, right? I'll be gone either way, this is just the easier option, okay? Besides, I don't want to risk you getting hurt because of me. I love you, Ro."

   "Chan, please."

   "Let's see each other soon, yeah?"

    Rowan nods while sobs come from her mouth and she raises the gun to Chan's head. He grabs ahold of her hand and she gives it a soft squeeze at the same time she does the trigger. She lets out a loud sob mixed with a scream once the gun fires and Chan's body goes limp.

   "I'm so sorry," she cries loudly, holding onto his hand and weeping into his chest.

   "I trust you..."

*A/N
The end? Wow, uh... that was sad to write and I wish I could've written it better, but I hope you all enjoyed it nonetheless. If you have any questions, drop them here and I'll do my best to answer them to the best of my ability!