Chapter 8

Pandora lets Herobrine hold her tightly to him, his tears fall onto her shoulder. She does not mind in the least bit, she smiles a little. "See, you're human Hero. You're not a monster, despite what others may think of you." Herobrine blinks a couple of times while looking down at her. "Y-You really think that?" Disbelief hangs in his voice. Pandora nods her head, still smiling. "I don't think, I know."

Herobrine POV

'I cannot let her go now. She is the ONLY one who thinks this of me. She truly sees me as a human, not as a monster!' I hold her closer to me, she places a hand on my chest smiling still. Suddenly the huge scar on my chest twinges in pain, I wince. I release Pandora from the hug and place a hand over where the scar is. Wanting to make sure nothing is wrong I remove my shirt, and look down at the scar. Letting out a sigh of relief upon seeing that the wound is still merely a scar. I sit down on the bed, confused as to why it is hurting. I can feel someone staring at me, I turn my head to see Pandora, her eyes wide and her cheeks a bright crimson. I softly chuckle, deciding to tease her a little bit. "Like what you see?~" She opens and closes her mouth a couple times before turning away without saying anything. I laugh, something I have not done in so long that it practically sounds foreign to me, like it is not my voice making it. Yet my heart is filled with joy. I should cherish this feeling, who knows how soon tragedy will strike and she will be ripped away from me, just like everyone else I cared about was. 'Now is not the time to think about the future or the past, now is the present. The present is what matters.

Throwing aside my concerns of the future I scoot closer to Pandora. Wanting to tease her a little more I read her mind.

Pandora's Thoughts: 'O-Oh God! H-He's so hot! He looks so damn manly!'

I laugh loudly at this. "So you think I'm hot and manly now do you?~" She turns her head and looks at me with mouth agape in shock. "Don't you remember? I can read minds." Her face gets about as red as Netherack. I smirk at her, grabbing her hands and putting them on my chest. She lets out an adorable squeak, and I tilt my head to the side chuckling. "Was that you Pandora?" She looks away, as if in shame. "Oh don't be ashamed about it, it was cute." 

Original POV

Pandora turns her head back to face Herobrine, she smiles at him. Then notices, truly notices all of the scars covering his body. She goes to place a finger on one of them but stops herself. Herobrine smiles at her warmly. "It's okay, you can touch them. I don't mind." 

Pandora lightly traces all of the scars with the tip of her finger, when she goes to touch the biggest one on his chest, he flinches and she pulls back. "I-I got most of these scars from various battles, but this one-" He points to the largest one which runs down his right shoulder all the way to his lower abs. "Was from the last time I fought Notch. . .If. . .If it wasn't for Steve pleading with Notch to spare my life, I would have died. That was before Notch convinced Steve that I am an evil which must be purged from this world. Now Steve is on a vendetta to kill me, as is Notch."

Pandora stares at the bed covers and balls her hands into fists. "Notch is a damn fool." Herobrine looks at her, confusion all across his face. Not once has he ever heard Pandora curse or say a bad thing about anyone since he unleashed her powers. Pandora's face and voice are serious as she speaks. "If everyone sees Notch as a god who creates, then they must see you as a god who destroys. Meaning your powers are the powers of destruction and chaos, you cannot create life. Whereas your older brother Notch can create, but not destroy. If either one of you falls in battle. . .The whole world will cease to function. Chaos cannot exist without Order, and Order cannot exist without Chaos. There is a fine balance between the two that keep the world we live in steady. Take one out of the equation and that balance is gone. BOTH of you need to be alive to keep this world from total annihilation!" 

Pandora then suddenly and unexpectedly hugs Hero. Hero falls down onto the bed, leaving them both in a rather compromising position. 

Herobrine's POV

I fall onto the bed with Pandora atop me, my cheeks start to burn with blush at this. 'Shit I'm getting hard!' She nuzzles her face into my neck. I am slightly relieved that she has not noticed how hard I am. Wait. . .is, is she crying? I gently place a hand on her cheek. "What's wrong Pandora?" She looks at me, her cheeks wet with tears. "I-I'm scared Hero." "Scared of what?" She chokes back a sob. "Of-Of the future!" I sigh heavily before smiling and wiping away a tear going down her cheek with my thumb. "Let's not worry about the future or the past Pandora. Let us focus only on the present, okay?" She sniffles and nods her head. "Can you please smile for me Pandora, your smile is so pretty." Through the tears she smiles, causing me to smile as well. "Thank you." I hold her close to me, wrapping my large arms around her before whispering into her ear. "I promise you Pandora, that no matter what I WILL not die. Especially not at the hands of Notch or Steve." 

Pandora looks at me with those blue blue eyes, pain swirls inside them. "D-Don't make promises you can't keep. . ." I smile and run a hand through her hair, gently pressing my forehead against hers. "I know this is one I can." 

~Meanwhile with Steve~

Steve takes a deep breath before stepping through the portal Notch created leading to the Nether. Once he feels like he is no longer spinning he opens his eyes and steps out of the portal. Towering over Steve is a Nether Fortress, her walls impregnable. Arrows rain down from above as Wither Skeletons spot the intruder. 'This is going to be a lot harder than I thought' Steve thinks to himself, before promptly pulling out an enchanted diamond shield and sword. Ready to smite all foes between him and Herobrine's castle.