Dear Evan Hansen

Now this was a good musical!!! And there's a good story behind me seeing it. Tickets for DEH went on sale in February. My mom goes to get tickets at the theatre and she said they were all sold out. So for four months I was so sad because I wanted to see this so bad. Then one day, June 4, 2019, I come home after school and see my mom sitting at the kitchen table with an envelope in front of her. My birthday was a couple weeks away btw. She hands me the envelope so I take it. I open it and inside there are tickets to DEH!!! I got really excited and I'm like 'When are we going? Saturday? Friday? Sunday?' And my mother just smiles so I look at the tickets and it's that night!! Then I was like 'Did you get these today? Yesterday? When did you get them?' And my mother...that woman(I love her)tells me that she got them back in February!!!! FEBRUARY!!!!! So those four months when I was just totally sad about not getting to go my mom was keeping the biggest secret of her life!

So I rushed to my room and picked out something to wear. Then I waited for like four-ish hours. Finally we went to pick up my grandma and we were off to the city.

We got to the theatre and found our seats which were pretty good seats.

My favorite DEH character is Jared. My mom doesn't approve but that's not going to change anything. I love Jared. I was really excited to see Jared Goldsmith but the day I was seeing he went to New York so I saw an understudy. I'm not complaining about this understudy because he literally looked and acted like Will Roland(it was not Will Roland)

It made me cry a whole lot but it also made me laugh. Maggie McKenna is an absolute QUEEN!!! She's an amazing singer and I met her at the stage door!

The show ended and it of course received a standing ovation. It was soooo flipping good!!! Like honestly. It was amazing. Ben Levi Ross is an amazing actor. He did a great job portraying Evan and he made me cry countless times.

Phoebe(who played Alana) was such a good Alana. She just did a perfect job of acting.

The guy who played Connor Murphy was awesome. He had me hating Connor one second and then a minute later a felt so bad for Connor.

One of my dream roles is Zoe Murphy. Maggie McKebna made me want it even more. She's so talented. Everyone in that show is so talented. This was one of the realest shows I have ever seen. So many people, including me, can relate to parts of it.

Now for my stage door story. I of course dragged everyone out because like I've said, I'm fast. We were probably the third group there. There was a fence but no police dudes. The first person out was Phoebe and she was so nice and I handed her my playbill upside down and she was like 'I'll just flip this over' and that was followed by me apologizing soooo many times. It was at this show I realized I'm actually Evan Hansen when it comes to saying sorry.

The second person out was the Jared dude. I got really excited and told him that he was awesome. Because he was!!!

The third person was Maggie McKenna! I am so glad I got to meet her because she is so sweet and I literally love her.

Then that stage door security lady was like 'that's everyone coming out tonight. The others have a press conference.' I now absolutely despise press conferences. But I met three really awesome people so I'm not too upset.

Overall this was an incredible show and I say that everyone should see it. 20/10