No more lies

Silence

Silence.

It brought so much comfort to the two boys who where sitting down on the living room's sofa. It spoke words of serenity as they boy held onto their cups of chocolate heating up the coldness of their hands. Though there was a slight tremble to one pair of hands in particular. The untouched liquid of their cup was getting colder, faint heat vapours hitting his mouth. Jungkook put his cup down and patted his thighs for the older to sit on. Taehyung immediately complied with a lazy nod. He put the now cold beverage on the table and settled on raven boy's lap.

"I want you to pay attention to what I'm about to say angel. Don't interrupt me and let me finish until the end. Are we clear?" Jungkook whispered while hugging the other from behind.

Taehyung nodded again, his mind still occupied by the image of his long lost friend, the only friend who disappeared with no going back.

"I was born on a very cold day. It was too freezing that not so many people was present when I opened my eyes, not that I could recognise anyone. But there was only two women, one of them was the nurse and they were staring at me like as if they were delivered a gift, a gem even. I was pretty, later on they told me," Jungkook recalled with a laugh, "I felt cold. Nobody was there to hold me in their arms and no one did for the following years. It was when I reached seven that I understood that I was only a dirty stone. I was informed that my parents abandoned me the day I was born. They weren't ready to raise a baby at a young age so they contacted the orphanage I was brought up in while I was still curled up in my mum's womb," he spat with a twisted face, "Fortunately, I didn't spent all of my childhood there. Two years right after that, I was introduced to Soyeon. She signed the papers and took me in although she already had a child of her own, Seokjin. Soyeon cleaned the dirt off me. She painted that lonely stone in the brightest shade of gold. She made me feel special. I never once felt like I wasn't part of the family. She raised me so well, into the strong, loving, and gentle man that I am today. I took all these positive traits after her, but I also took all my negative traits after Jin hyung," Jungkook confessed with a sigh, "Hyung was like a father figure to me. He never acted like a brother and it made me feel lonelier because he was the only male at home whom I could turn to. He was so rigid, almost emotionless. All he did was boss me around but I never complained because at the end of the day mum's hugs were the warmest and they made me forget everything." Jungkook said with a sad smile, his eyes focused the mop of silky brown hair beneath him.

"That was when I got to know Yoongi. He was my first friend. I was that lonely and awkward kid at high school that everyone avoided but Yoongi didn't care. He was the only one who approached me and it felt less lonely with him by my side. He may seem like a bad guy with his bright hair and sharp eyes but he had the highest grades and was one of the top students back then. He was so much into art, as much as I was and he had the softest of hearts. He still does," Jungkook insisted in hopes of clearing his friend's imagine in Taehyung's mind, "We would go out for walks late at night and have deep conversations while contemplating the sky until he disappeared one day without notice. I lost my only friend. I was so heart broken. Jin hyung didn't like him to begin with and the only form of comfort I received is that we weren't meant to stay together, that we were so different, and that he had a bad influence on me because he always got into fights and hanged out with dangerous people in town. I didn't believe any of his words. I trusted Yoongi more than Seokjin and I still do. The year after, Yoongi came back but the Yoongi I know turned into a memory. He acted like a stranger around me, ignoring me like the plague and I took the signal. I backed off. Even my only friend didn't want me anymore like my biological parents."