Everything happens for a reason

Coffee

Coffee.

The sounds of sipping, spoon twirling, and munching echoed in the silent room. Taehyung lifted his head up staring at the pale skinned boy before him and eyed him up and down while Yoongi's eyes were fixed on a smiling Jungkook. The mint-haired boy's heart warmed up at the unusual sight. He hadn't seen his childhood friend smiling so freely let alone without a black mask covering the bottom of his face since they were teenagers. He turned back to Taehyung who was already staring at him blankly.

"So..." His hoarse voice rezoned startling Taehyung who quickly cast his eyes down, fist finding its way to Jungkook's bicep.

"Didn't know you craved this much coffee Kook."

Jungkook took a last sip, his lips stretching into a smirk.

"I've only been tasting sweet stuff lately." Jungkook replied smugly and left a chaste peck on Taehyung's lips, taking him by surprise.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung whined in embarrassment.

Yoongi smiled discreetly at the two boy's display of affection. He could tell Jungkook was trying to comfort the other and he could also tell that Taehyung was still scared of him. It was only natural given the face that he was basically an abuser. At times, he feared himself as well, doing so much for the sake of love until he turned into a villain.

Yoongi cleared his throat and shut his eyes briefly recalling Taehyung's broken voice and teary face. His memories instantly switched to a blond-haired boy's alluring gaze and sinister smile. He jolted his eyes open and observed the couple in front of him, Taehyung's flushed skin and Jungkook's playful smile.

"I'm sorry."

Both heads snapped towards Yoongi in disbelief, Taehyung biting his lips anxiously.

"I'm sorry for everything, for hurting you Taehyung and for letting you down Jungkook."

Yoongi tried his best to stay expressionless but he couldn't help but scrunch his nose disgustingly when the memories kept rewinding in his head. If he knew choosing love over friendship would him this much, he wouldn't have agreed to be part of the game.

"As your friend, I did what I can do. You already have the clues in your hands. I can't tell anything more than this."

"What?"

Taehyung's voice was barely a whisper but Yoongi could notice a slight anger lacing his tone. While his expression hardened, Jungkook remained composed next to him, not batting an eye.

"How about you explain to me what on earth do you have to do with my fucking step brother and my fucking ex-friend?"

Yoongi's lips twitched at the piercing voice and chose to avert his eyes from meeting the other two boys'.

"Let's go."

Jungkook set his cup of coffee down and stood up, holding Taehyung's hand in his.

"What do you mean 'let's go' Jungkook? I need answers!" Taehyung screamed but he could already notice the waver in it, slowly losing his composure.