Day 25

Same universe as the tmi books. Alec is twenty-five. I'm going to go with Magnus somehow became mortal.

Three years.

Five months.

Three weeks.

Two days.

That's how long it's been since Magnus went missing.

Three years.

Five months.

Three weeks.

Two days.

That's how long it's been since I last took the gold ring off.

Three years.

Five months.

Three weeks.

Two days.

That's how long it's been since the wedding plans stopped.

I miss him so much.

He said he'd return. That he was just going to do some business in France. I kissed him before he portaled to France. That was the last I saw of him. The last time I saw those golden-green cat eyes. Last I saw his black hair and golden skin. Last time I tasted his lips.

He said he'd call once he was in France, but that call never came. Days passed, and I tried calling him over and over again. He never answered. Isabelle and I called every downworlder in France we could get a hold of. None of them saw Magnus. None of them knew what happened to him. It was almost like he disappeared from the face of the earth.

Isabelle was the one who comforted me when I went into hysterics when no one knew where Magnus was. She was there to tell me it's alright as I cried, even though I knew it was a lie. "He promised me, Isabelle! He promised he'd come back! He said he'd come back and we'd get married." I barely got married out before I broke out into sobs again. It hurt so much. My heart felt like it was beating too slow, yet too fast at the same time. My lungs could barely bring any air in. My bones ached as I gripped the edge of the table. My nails making crescent shaped marks in the wood. This was worse than any demon poison or injury.

This was the aftermath of love.

"I know, Alec. I know what he said. He'll be back. I promis-. I'll make sure it happens." I didn't need anymore promises.

He was gone.

I cried and cried with Isabelle there. I hit my fists on the table, not caring about the wood splitting. She told me he'd come back, just something must've happened. We all knew he wasn't coming back. There was no point in being optimistic. It was the truth. The one person who made me feel wanted was gone, and it broke me. It left me in a million pieces. No one would be able to put those pieces back together because there would always be one piece missing. That piece belonged to Magnus. That piece was my heart.

By the Angel, I wanted to move on. I tried relationships, they all failed miserably. I wanted to accept that he was probably dead. Gone forever. But I couldn't. I could never let go of him. He was such a big part of my life, and then we decided to get married. He became an even bigger part of my life after that. That was the worse part. Knowing he still loved me when he went missing. That he probably was worried about me. That he was in pain over me while I was in pain over him.

It happened one night when we were almost falling asleep. His hand was in mine, legs a tangled mess, and soft sweet kisses would come in here and there. At some point he just muttered "let's get married." He probably didn't realize it. He was on the edge of sleep, and didn't think about what he was saying. But it made me happy that in his sleepy state with the person he loves, that's what he subconsciously said. "Did I just say that?" he said, suddenly aware of what he was saying.