chapter 18

It's been a couple days since Whitney had been dealt with. Mario apologized countless times to me but i kept telling him it was fine. Did he believe that? Of course not.Ive gotten countless hugs, forehead kisses, and lectures about how I will never have to see her again. In fact, He was currently doing all three.

"Mario. I get it. your sorry. Shes banned, I'm loved, you hid my white board so I have to talk, yada yada yada." I say while trying to squeeze out of his grip. He sighs and reluctantly lets go.

"I'm sorry Caroline. I'll quit. It's just my job to keep you safe and baby you when I failed to protect."

"Mario, the whole thing with Whitney started way before you could help any of it."

"I know it's just that I can't stand the thought of you having to go through that." He sighs and puts his arm across my shoulders.

"Papa I get it. But I promise you, I'm okay." He looks me in the eyes and nods understanding that i'm tired of talking about this and he let's me go with a pat on the back.

"Good. Don't you dare forget it. Now get downstairs. The boys already have an hour on you today. Usually your ahead." With that I kiss his cheek, turn on my heel and out of our kitchen into the hallway. I shake my head and laugh.

"That man is going to be the death of me." I mutter before heading downstairs to see three of my brothers in the ring. Currently, Matt is on top of Lorenzo, and Ryan is sitting on the ropes reffing while wrapping up his fists.

"Alright you knuckle heads, calm down. Matt, Enzo got close to beating you there. Get your shit together. He's a year younger." Colin says while slipping in between two of the ropes and grabs onto Matt's arm stopping him mid-swing. He whips around with his other fist but Colin catches it, and holds him still until he comes back to his senses. That's the thing about fighting. You never know when to stop and you lose sight of the face of your partner while your adrenaline is pumping. It's a little freaking watching how unafraid the guys are of each other. To be honest, they all scare me shitless. I guess it's just something you get used to.

"Caroline! Take a picture! It lasts longer!"

"Ryan don't even. I'm dating your brother. I'm just thinking. I'll be at the bag in the corner make sure no one moves it please! We don't need another broken nose around here." He gives me a nod and I walk that way passing a very shirtless Xander and some guy who I've been seeing around quite a bit lately running on the treadmills. I think he started taking classes here. Yes, we are a private gym, but sometimes Mario will work with people who he used to know or sometimes even people he picks up at matches. They aren't apart of our team though. It's extremely rare that someone gets added onto that team. Our cheerleaders get cycled out more then the thought of someone joining our team. If you get what I mean by cheerleaders.

With my fists relentlessly attacking the bag or even a strong kick or two, I have the ability to make it swing more than two feet forward or to the side. Wound up in my thoughts, I shoot a hard kick lower then I usually do making the bag swing hard forward. Quicker than I anticipated, the bag swings back at me and hits me pretty damn hard.

"Caroline! Stop fucking around and focus." I hear Mario from across the gym and simultaneously, I hear five guys burst out laughing as I pull my small body up off the floor.

"Sorry Mario!" I yell and another thought crosses my mind. "Boys at least I am strong enough to make it swing that hard! Imagine that kick to your face." I say calmly and in an instant all five of my boys stop laughing and I hear random stranger guy start laughing. "Random stranger guy, I am way more likely to injure you than my boys. So i suggest you'd stop laughing or get on first name basis with me."