스물다셋

25)

*Most of the Italic text are flashbacks*

"Isn't this great hyung! We get to reverse this curse." Jimin said walking out from their en-suite bathroom.

He fell on the bed and snuggled up next to Namjoon. He was reading a book, but ruffled Jimin's damp hair when he felt his lover cling to his arm.

"Yes....but I'm going to fucking kill the witch when I see her."

Jimin frowned and hit Namjoon's chest. He shook his head. "You can't do that hyung, she has to be the one to reverse it."

"Yes I know....and I'll kill her after she does it." 

Jimin sighed. "I thought you weren't like this anymore."

Namjoon got out of his own rage, and looked at his lover sadly. "Sorry love, I'm still trying to work on my anger."

"That reminds me, what exactly happened to you? Like how come you got turned into a vampire."

Namjoon gave a deep sigh, and closed the novel in his hand. He put it to the side on the night stand. He took Jimin's hands in his, and just gave a sad smile.

"It's a long story, and a tragic one as well..."

"I'm here to listen to you, for all eternity hyungie." Jimin said, freeing one his his hands to caress Namjoon's hair. "I have to know at some point."

"Ughh...okay well....my father as you know, was a toy maker. All the children in the village loved him because he would custom make the toys based off a child's preference. And on some occasions he would give the toys out for free. When I was a teenager, I found out my fathers toys had some kind of good luck charm in it.

It was some charm that also made people happy. It was some special stone that was given to him by a witch. Its because he supposedly saved this witch one day when she nearly drowned. She " gave him a life time of these stones to put in his toys, out of thanks for him saving her life."

(Keep in mind this was WAY back in the Day Korea)

"Dad! What's wrong?" Human Namjoon asked walking into their home.

"It is nothing my dear son. I have been stressed these days...so many orders." His father explained.

But Namjoon watched his father stare at a scroll. It was some sort of note from someone. The villagers didn't know how to read or write, so it had to be from some nobleman. 

"Then I will take my leave father." Namjoon bowed and left the room.

That night, he laid beside his sister. She was having a nightmare and wanted to be cuddled. The sliding door to his bedroom was cracked open for some light from the torch to get through. But that night, Namjoon wasn't able to sleep. He had a lot on his mind. But, he just so happen to hear his parents talking to each other in another room.

"We have to inform someone about this." Namjoon's mother whispered. "They are threatening to raid people's homes over these dolls. They are not worth other people's lives."

"Yes yes I know....but they want these stones because of some evil reason. They are trying it over take kingdoms with these stones. I just know it....and magic can not be trusted in just anyone's hands."

"But...our children...what if they kill our children?" His mom was not silently crying.

"Do not worry my dear wife. I will come up with a solution. I will go to the council men in the day after tomorrow. It is a long ride, so I will need to prepare."