(3)

Jimin was at home, doing some home work. Yes, he sadly got homework on his first day of school. But he didn't mind it too much since the work isn't hard. His homework is from English class, which he has for 5th period. Namjoon told everyone to pick their favorite (school appropriate) English song and write down some words that they recognize from the song.

Jimin was currently listening to Justin Beiber's Love Yourself. He was thinking of using this song since it's been stuck in his head lately. He grabbed a pin and paper and started to  analyzing the song lyrics. There are a majority of words he's able to recognize, but has difficulty pronouncing. There was a sudden knock on his bedroom door, and his mother peeks her head in.

"Hey Jimin-ah! How was your first day of school?"

"Hi mom, and come in" Jimin said gesturing for his mom to come closer.

She walked into the room and immediately looks around. She gasped when she saw a little bit of clothes thrown around the floor. Jimin whines at her nagging. She eventually stops nagging and sits on the bed.

"So what's up? Are the kids still being mean? You know, I don't want you to hold it in. You should report being bullied Jimin" His mother says then sighs.

"Yea I know mom. But they don't bother me as much, as long as I'm quiet. And mom, you will not believe this!" Jimin's eyes went big with excitement as he waited to get his mothers full attention.

"Oh my God what?!"

"The new neighbor up the hill is actually my new English teacher and homeroom teacher! But I don't understand how? The guy doesn't look that much older than me."

His mother puckers her lips and frowns, going into her thinking face.

"Well..... that makes him even cooler, right? He must be some genius that graduated school early" his mother said excitedly.

"Yea that's what I thought! But....I'm not really sure what his story is." Jimin shrugged "it's annoying that all the girls in my school keep fan girling over him. Like, they're so thirsty"

His mom laughed and nodded her head.

"Yea well, I was honestly like that too back in the day. Well! I'm going to start making dinner now." She gets up from the bed and kisses her son's cheek "good luck with your homework sweetie."

||

It's been about two weeks since school started, and Jimin is suffering. It's not because of homework, and surprisingly it's not because of bullies (well not as much). It's because his new homeroom teacher keeps giving him attention.

In the mornings, Namjoon walks into the room and greats everyone. He then specifically greets Jimin separately with a smirk, and in the hallways Namjoon will stare at him hard. Sometimes even ask Jimin to take things to other teachers.

Namjoon isn't like this with the other students. In fact, he's much more stern and professional when dealing with the students. He's still a helpful and caring teacher to those other students. But Jimin is convinced that Namjoon for some reason favors him more. Almost protective even.

Jimin wanted to keep a low profile at school. So always being called out in class or in the hallways by Namjoon was making it especially hard for him. Some of Mr.Kims fangirls were even talking about Jimin behind his back. He just wanted them to keep his name out their mouths, if all they're only going to be spouting out is negativity. Luckily, so far the boys haven't been teasing Jimin like last school year.

||

"Ah damn.... why would Mrs. Lee put so much vocab on this test" Jimin muttered to himself

He was currently sitting in the library studying. On Wednesday's, the school is open until 10pm because some have night school. Jimin doesn't have night school, but he still likes to sit in the library. The smell of books gave him academic comfort. Amusingly, he feels smarter in the library.

He's been in the library for 5 hours now, so caught up on all the things he has to do. It was currently 9:00pm and there was rain storm outside. It didn't freak Jimin out too much, but it was weird that he had to be the only one in the library at the moment.

Sitting in the school's library squeaky wooden chair, he heard a low moan somewhere. At first he paid no mind to it, thinking that it may be the wind from outside. But it sounded more personal and inside.

Jimin quietly got up to investigate. He walked in between the book aisles and saw nothing so far. He then went over to the lounge area and no one was there either.

"Ughh what the hell. Am I imagining things?" He huffed in frustration, asking no one in general

Right when he was about to go back to his table. He saw slight movement from his left eye. He stopped in place and begin to creep further back into the library. He hides near a book shelf and nearly gasped at what he saw.

It was a woman, which Jimin didn't recognize. She was obviously not a student. Her face contorted from pain. She holds her neck as she glares up at a man. Jimin couldn't see him clearly since his back was facing Jimin.

Just as Jimin was about to back up, the man turned around. It was Kim Namjoon and he looked at Jimin blankly. The woman scoffed and quietly ran out the library. Namjoon just continued to stare at Jimin, which honestly creeped him out.

"M-Mr Kim, I didn't know you were still here. I apologize for disrupting y-you're conversation" Jimin bows in greeting, trying to be as polite as possible.

Namjoon smiled at Jimin, finally showing emotion. He then shakes his head at Jimin.

"No it's okay Jimin-sshi. It wasn't anything important. Were you still studying here? I should apologize for being loud"

"N-No at all! I was about to leave. My mom will be expecting me soon."

Namjoon nods his head "Well would you like a ride home? Being that we live in the same neighborhood?"

Jimin has a weird feeling, but the way Namjoon is staring into his eyes, makes Jimin not want to refuse. He gives a deep sighs and nodded his head.

"Yes Mr. Kim T-that would be nice."

_______________________________

Shinae's Notes: I really loved this story when it was first published. I just hope I can bring that happiness to everyone else.