Chapter Three: The Fallen

Seven souls. That was the total needed to break the barrier, a powerful forcefield made up of magic that had continued to exist for hundreds of years. It was an amazing force, the barrier. Honestly, MK wondered if the humans had thought the barrier was impenetrable. Had they really thought that monsters would stay down there forever without looking for a way out? Even if humans did have more powerful souls, they weren't as magic-savvy as monsters. They should've never underestimated their ability to find a way out.

         Now they were close. They were so close to escaping. All Asgore needed was the murderous human's soul, and then they could finally see the stars. It was... actually kind of stressful for MK to think about, mostly because if one human child was this bad, then... what would the other humans be like?

         Slowly, the curious boy made his way into the room, staring at the seven jars before him as his eyes scanned the souls. While the boy knew some things about monster/human history, he was very clueless when it came to, well, literally anything else about humans. MK hadn't even known what a human looked like until now! He really was clueless, wasn't he? But he couldn't think like that; not right now. Besides, it wasn't like anyone else didn't know what a human looked like; he couldn't be the only one if the human had gotten so far. But nonetheless, once he was in front of the jars, the monster began to examine their contents, even if there wasn't much to examine.

         The first thing MK found interesting was each soul's colors and how they all sported a different one, neither ever having the same color. The only ones that were comparable were the cyan and blue ones, but even then they were distinctly different, the cyan soul being much brighter and easier to see compared to the deep blue one. He found it neat that humans had their own colored souls, especially considering monster souls were all white; it actually made him question what color his soul would be if he was a human, but he didn't want to think much about the human part, not when one was trying to annihilate all of monster kind.

         Nonetheless, there wasn't much to say about the souls; they were simply floating hearts trapped in strange jars, floating hearts that apparently possessed so much power that a monster would become extremely powerful...

         That was it.

         "The souls!" MK suddenly blurted out, only for his tail to quickly swing upwards and cover his mouth. He didn't know if anyone could hear him from down there, but he didn't want to take any chances. This place was creepy enough as it is, and he wasn't even thinking about the fact that he was in a room with the souls of dead humans. No. He was choosing not to think too much about that. All he had to do was focus on the power they held and getting that power to Asgore. If the souls really were powerful enough to break the barrier when combined, then Asgore... A Boss Monster with six human souls would certainly be able to take down one human. He was sure of it.

         Quickly, the boy began hopping up and down on his toes, trying to figure out just how he was going to get the souls to Asgore. After all, the jars were about half his size, and without arms and hands, he'd certainly have a hard time getting them to the King so that he could use them. But even so, he had to try, and eventually, he got an idea. He could carry them with his tail.

         Proud of his brilliant idea, MK then circled the jars, only to eventually pick the yellow soul to take with him first. After all, yellow was his favorite color, and it didn't matter which order Asgore absorbed the souls, or at least he didn't think it did. Besides, maybe when he got one soul to Asgore, the king himself would get the rest. Yeah. It didn't matter what order he got them to Asgore. He just needed to get them there.