7. Dinner (Paris Day 1 - Part 3)

We have completed 1k reads. I'm so happy fam! I hope you'll keep loving and enjoying this book.

Chapter 7
Dinner (Paris Day 1 - Part 3)

Back to Aisha's POV

I couldn't tell Ishika anything about that man or my encounter with that strange woman. Not even a word. Don't take me wrong. I didn't want to hide anything from her but just because I saw her so damn happy after so long, I didn't feel like spoiling her mood or questioning her about anything related to Ahaana or that man whom I saw very much in reality.

Now why was Ishika happy?
Well, I never told you what Ishika did apart from managing my team abroad right?

She wants to become an actor. A real bollywood actor and this woman has been struggling and rubbing her ass in that cruel industry for last three and a half years only to get nothing but casting couch invitations (if you know what I mean) or some small side roles. She has been rejected even without auditioning for a particular role because, well, she wasn't a star kid.

She hails from a pretty rich family though but not a conservative one. She chose to leave all the comforts of her family back in Delhi to pursue her dream and become a star and guess what, here she is, with this amazing role of a queen in the next drama of a very famous director called Mehtaab Bakshi.

This won't be her real debut movie but it will surely be something she'll be proud of...we all will be proud of.

The moment she told me this news, I was extremely happy for her and don't you think it would have been really selfish on my part to unload my baggage all over her, especially at the time when she should be celebrating her success?

Hence I decided to tell everything to her the next day.

We got back to our hotel after my final dress fitting and went straight to our rooms. Her room was adjacent to mine but she chose to stay at my room and celebrate with some nice wine.

At night we were going to have a Welcome Dinner for all the people invited and there all those who aren't married, single babies actually, would be assigned a partner for the final ball.

Ishika couldn't accompany me to this dinner because she had a Skype meeting with the producers, directors and the cast of the movie.

Well probably this is the last time she's accompanying me to any event. She will be so busy from now on...I don't even think she'll have time for me.

Again, I'm sorry, I know I'm being selfish. She has to make her life too. I get it. I really do get it.

"So what have you decided to wear?" She asked sipping her wine.

"Is there a theme?" I enquired.

"Obviously. Did you forget? It's black. The colour of power," her drama...uff!

"I have a black dress," I asserted.

"I know," she proudly stated.
"I packed it for you,"

"YES...I remember," I chuckled.

"I know I'm great!" She raised her invisible collar.

"Be humble," I remarked and went to my dressing area.

I picked out a black plain LBD and planned on accessorising it with a beautiful necklace and earrings from Cartier and a designer clutch. Since I already have short hair, I decided to wave it a little and set it properly.