8 • 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄

Kiandra opens her car door then closes it again. She has no desire for anyone to see her like this, not even her brother or one of her best friends. The girl looks broken and she feels the same too. Her hair was swept in a loose bun, tendrils of it framing her face lazily and her face was red and slightly blotchy from crying. And yet, all she wanted was a kiss or a hug from the very boy that made her like this.

The girl physically shakes herself and moves to open the car door. She locks her car, looking up briefly to the gloomy, grey sky reflecting her mood. She rings the doorbell, and a worried-looking Zion answers.

'What the fuck, Kia?! What happened? You and Brandon were dating-' the dread-headed boy's river of words is stopped as Kiandra presses her body against his in a tight hug.

'I'll be fine,' she says, wiping tears on his jumper that are yet to fall.

'You don't look fine.'

'Shit, why you gotta be so loud,' she says laughing while crying.

'Fuck him, Kiki.'

Zion pulls her into yet another hug, his arms enveloping his shorter sibling in brotherly love. He couldn't believe what had happened and that he couldn't see what was happening sooner. The looks they had exchanged. Every smirk on his band mate's face when she said something. The blush that had overcome her face when Brandon stared at her.

The signs were all there, and Zion still didn't figure it out before he broke his sister's heart. She insists she was fine, but Zion still had the overwhelming urge to punch his bandmate in the face.

As soon as she steps into the living room, Edwin pulls her into a warm hug, before pressing a single kiss to her forehead.

'Are you okay, Kialia?'

'I'll be fine,' she says in response, smiling at the two other boys looking at the scene unfolding. 'I'll be fine.'

And yet, all she could feel was a strange sense of dejavu overtaking her. The feelings of heartbreak were true as the ones she felt only months prior, when she caught her boyfriend of three years cheating on her. Kia cringes at the memory, cursing herself for falling for the web that most boys spun of lies, deception and fuckery.

She thought she had found a solace in Brandon but she had been mistaken. He was a conniving lion dressed in sheen's clothing and she had fallen for his act. No, she has fallen for him. And it hurt to admit she still found her heart beating a little faster everytime at the thought of him. She still felt these feelings that she wanted so desperately to turn off as he had so easily done so. Kiandra wanted answers to why she felt this heart broken after barely three months of knowing him. She wanted to know if he meant every kiss he pressed on her lips, or every love bite he engraved onto her smooth skin or every moan he let out at her touch. She just wanted to know why.

Last time she found her heart broken in pieces so small it took too long to bring them back together in a rickety system of broken trust and hurting. Now, all she could feel was an unhealthy anger coursing through her veins and the strong urge to get back at the boy driving her through the sadness.

○☆▪︎○☆▪︎○☆▪︎

𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙝 𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 🥺

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠