12

'Yo!,' he hollered.

'For fuck's sake,' I mumbled.

He was running so I slowed down a little, allowing him to catch up to me. My anger had fizzled and left me cold and lonely and guilty and embarrassed, but I wasn't about to let him know that.

'Don't you know what "alone time" is?' I asked, looking ahead and not at him.

'Never heard of it,' he said, barely impacted by his estimated five minute run.

'You should read up on that,' I replied, my arms crossed in an attempt to warm myself up.

'Are you cold?' he asked.

'N-'

'You're cold,' he rephrased, making it a statement. He took off his jacket and put it over my shoulders, holding onto the collar.

'Since when did you have a jacket?'

'I had it in the coat room in the club, duh,' he replied, tugging me towards him and pressing his lips into mine.

My stomach clenched, taken aback by his sudden impulsivity. I leaned into the kiss a little. There wasn't any tongue but it was still probably one of the best kisses of my life.

I'm such a loser, gross.

I opened my eyes and looked into his, still close to him as he hadn't let go of the jacket.

Before I could say anything, he slung his arm over my shoulder and we started walking again.

'So where are we going?' The way he'd said it made it sound like nothing had happened.

'A quiet spot,' I responded.

'In Vegas? I don't think so.'

After ten minutes of silent waking, he jogged a few steps in front of me and crouched down.

'What are you doing?'

'Get on,' he said, holding my hands over his shoulders and pulling me forward, so I complied and jumped onto his back. I was still holding my heels.

'You've been walking all night,' he murmured. I put my chin on his shoulder the same way he'd done to me earlier and smelled his scent like a weirdo for the rest of the walk, mumbling directions to him in a daze.

~•~

Her soft breaths and the fact that she was completely lax against me told me that she had fallen asleep. I kept my grip on her thighs just as tight and had to only hope that her arms would stay in place. Her cheek was flush with mine, her soft skin rubbing me every time I stepped.

I really wanted to kiss her. Could I really just...do it? She was asleep, she wouldn't ever find out. I mean, she let me earlier when I gave her my jacket.

I settled for quickly grazing my lips against her cheek. She didn't wake up.

I had no idea where I was going. I didn't even know how she knew about this so-called "quiet spot". But I kept walking in the direction she'd began to point me towards. I finally saw a small bench overlooking a cliff, or maybe a mountain, and picked up my pace.