18

Have twenty minutes passed?

It had certainly felt like it'd been more than twenty minutes. I checked my phone and, yeah, twenty two had passed.

I hope she turns up.

~•~

My giddy smile dropped as soon as the elevator doors closed.

Fuck.

I'm seriously going to see Grayson right now. Like, this is actually happening.

Why am I doing this?

In that moment, I knew I regretted saying yes.

~•~

Oh, fuck me.

She was...wow.

Milo glided through the lobby, casually looking for someone. When I remembered who that someone was, I felt like a million bucks 'cause I was the luckiest guy in that whole building, maybe even the whole damn state.

The moment she caught my eye, a big and beautiful smile bloomed on her face and she made her way towards me. I had the urge to point at her and say 'yeah, she's with me, fuckers', but I refrained.

She stopped in front of me. 'Hi.'

Milo Carter was the most enchanting girl I'd ever know.

'Did you know that this hotel has a bowling ally?'

~•~

'I'm so gonna kick your ass.'

I pulled a 'touché' face and lifted a shoulder up. 'I don't exactly bowl often, so you're probably right.'

I did all of this while running my finger over the row of different coloured balls before settling on the one I wanted. I picked it up and carried it over to the lane, saying the last two words as I eyed the pins. Holding the ball to my face, I reared back and fired.

Strike.

'What the fuck?' he exclaimed.

I fully shrugged this time. 'I said "probably".'

'That is so cheating.'

~•~

It only took a little convincing to get her to come with me - she initially said that she had plans soon - but here she was, seriously beating the fuck out of me at this game.

Another strike?

'How are you doing this?'

She laughed.

'For real, you must've taken some sort of performance enhancers.'

'The only "performance enhancers" I need is you talking smack,' she said, winking.

I shook my head and crossed my arms, staring at the screen telling us that she had won.

Milo hit my arm. 'Let's go get ICEE's.'

~•~

Grayson stuck his tongue out and tried to get a look at it, himself.

'Hey, is my tongue blue?'

I grinned. 'A little.'

He started wolfing down his drink in an attempt to make it even bluer. I stuck out my own tongue.

'Purple,' he said in between icy sips. I'd gotten a mix of blueberry and cherry.

He really was cute.